Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Virgin Atlantic Cash Advance fee on Virgin credit card

• Travel Strong 258 posts

The 1st of the month plays no part in anything, every individual transaction is on a rolling 30 days.

Every individual transaction is within the count for 720hrs (30 x 24hrs!) from the point of purchase… And then the value of that transaction drops out of the count after then.

NorthernLass 7,592 posts

The 1st was just an example of a date, I think I was one of the first here to “get” the rolling period concept! I do all my card transactions on the same day each month then repeat on day 31.

I’m still not clear whether purchases and cash withdrawals have their own rolling periods though.

Travel Strong 258 posts

Ah, that Q is much clearer!

I don’t know the answer, but you can find out easily by watching the 2 spend trackers next time you make an ATM withdrawal! (it matters not to me, as I can’t see a time when I would be maxing the spend limits anyway!)

NorthernLass 7,592 posts

Dammit, I forgot about the spend trackers since the app was last updated 😂

Thanks @TravelStrong, I think you just made my life easier!

TJ 91 posts

Made a mistake in using Virgin as my underlying card when making an ATM withdrawal and consequently hit with their cash advance fee. Has anyone gone back in time with Curve to switch to another card and had the fee refunded by Virgin?

Skywalker 700 posts

Made a mistake in using Virgin as my underlying card when making an ATM withdrawal and consequently hit with their cash advance fee. Has anyone gone back in time with Curve to switch to another card and had the fee refunded by Virgin?

Interesting question – but what if someone went back in time with the Curve feature, put it on a different card, and the new card hit them with a cash advance fee as well? 😀

JDB 4,386 posts

No, the cash advance fee will not be refunded even if you GBIT to a debit card as you have used the cash facility on your credit card.

TJ 91 posts

@JDB Thanks, I thought that was the case but saw some comments in other threads which made me question this. Good to know for the future.

dshunter 47 posts

Urgh wish I had seen this.
    Nevermind, was good while it lasted.

BBbetter 642 posts

If it’s the first time and you call Virgin and ask nicely, it’ll be refunded.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.