Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• yorkieflyer 259 posts

DECISION: Claim succeeds in full.
    OUTCOME: £0.00.
    NON-MONETARY TERMS: I direct the Airline to allow the Passenger to rebook the Flights on comparable transport conditions in available seats on dates at the Passenger’s convenience for a period of 12 months from the acceptance of the decision.

Many thanks to Lady London, JDR, META and others for their valuable thoughts.

My takeaway here is that whilst quoting articles 8 and 15 I maintained that my request was not unreasonable and said why.

a last thought and request to the community would be that when accepting I need to add any final notes? Perhaps ask that they call me to arrange the rebooking?
    Original Feb Post:
    We are also in dispute with BA. Expected the pushback at our request for rebooking to Xmas 22 from Xmas 21 for our BKK BA flights, told to submit a complaint and have done so and now sent a letter before action. Didn’t expect 5k avios compo each and an unagreed refund of fees, avios and 241. Have responded with rejection of the refund, tho obs cant make them take them back!
    Total blatant disregard for the law of the land really angers me TBH. Obs in no great hurry so will CEDR after 8 weeks if they don’t have the courtesy to respond.
    Any further suggestions welcome

Richie 989 posts

Add to the final notes the flights you want to be booked onto for Dec 22.

points_worrier 295 posts

Congratulations! Great to hear more people winning over ticket validity issues for Article 8(1)c) EC261/2004 rebooking requests.

Disappointing to see BA tried the old ‘refund the ticket’ lark with you too. Totally unacceptable. Hope this spurs them on to stop doing that. For those in a similar situation, you can do a subject access request under GDPR to get all information on the booking and refund, and it will be clear it was not done at your request.

I do wonder if the result of your case inclined BA to settle with my case prior to the official judgement .

yorkieflyer 259 posts

Congratulations! Great to hear more people winning over ticket validity issues for Article 8(1)c) EC261/2004 rebooking requests.

Disappointing to see BA tried the old ‘refund the ticket’ lark with you too. Totally unacceptable. Hope this spurs them on to stop doing that. For those in a similar situation, you can do a subject access request under GDPR to get all information on the booking and refund, and it will be clear it was not done at your request.

I do wonder if the result of your case inclined BA to settle with my case prior to the official judgement .

Good idea to do a subject access request, I didn’t but would for additional evidence in future. I only received answer today so your win was down to you alone!

meta 1,439 posts

Congrats and well done!

Lady London 2,051 posts

Well done @yorkieflyer and thanks for letting us know

AJA 1,070 posts

Excellent result. Hope you get the flights you want in Dec.

yorkieflyer 259 posts

A week after CEDR ruling in my favour, a message via CEDR from BA advising that I would get a call to arrange flights. Two weeks later a very courteous call from BA and our flights for Christmas 2023 now booked, not all revenue options available as relying on BA code share options, but perfectly acceptable and ticketed in 10 mins

Lady London 2,051 posts

Very well done Yorkieflyer and especially thanks for coming back and posting to let us know you’ve got your tickets now for Christmas 2022.

yorkieflyer 259 posts

Yes Christmas 2022, my excitement overcame me!

StillintheSun 137 posts

Congratulations. HFPointers are chalking up a good few wins on this point. Let’s hope they continue!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.