Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Chamonix in June with toddler

• DTR 105 posts

Hi all

We’re visiting chamonix in a few days’ time and for various reasons I haven’t managed to do my usual level or research and planning (beyond hotel and Avios flights, of course)!

Wondering if any of you kind knowledgeable people had any recommendations for activities and restaurants/cafes that are toddler friendly. I’m aware the big lifts like aguille du midi are off limits for the little ones, but hoping there will be some lower level lifts open that are accessible. Any ideas which ones might work well for kids with play parks etc?

Thanks for any tips in advance!

Dave

Nate1309 60 posts

I have done it with a 19 month old. Went on a lot of the lifts for hiking.
    We braved chair lifts with the toddler in a backpack and a dog in a chest harness. There didn’t seem to be any concerns from the staff.
    We didn’t try the Aguilar du midi as it was shut.
    We did do the train which was fun.
    We also had a chalet with a pool and hot tub so most of the afternoons we spent there.

DTR 105 posts

Cheers, thanks for the tips. Yes hadn’t thought that a lot of the lifts are chairlifts. Good to know.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.