Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Chances in Q3 2023 787-9 (LON-SYD) will be Club Suite?

• jgsamuel 13 posts

What are the chances BA will swap out plane used or have retrofitted the 787-9 to Club Suite by then?

Feels a bit slim now given covid-19 sent a ripple through those plans.

VerdantBacon 141 posts

The 787 refit has been pushed back until next year, there’s no understanding yet of which routes will get them first, so at this point it’s a total guess. I’ve flown this route a number of times, twice this year all the way to SYD and once only to SIN. I would really recommend upgrading to first if you have the points/availability. Done this route once in CW and it really wasn’t enjoyable for that length of time, though I do know there are some who prefer CW to CS.

SamG 1,644 posts

SYD is already switching to a 77W with CS as of the W22 schedule in Oct, I’d say likely it’ll stick

jgsamuel 13 posts

I would really recommend upgrading to first if you have the points/availability.

Used Barclays Upgrade voucher, doesn’t go to First sadly. Will take my chances with an agent at some point.

Done this route once in CW and it really wasn’t enjoyable for that length of time, though I do know there are some who prefer CW to CS.

WT+ last time, never again! :@

SYD is already switching to a 77W with CS as of the W22 schedule in Oct, I’d say likely it’ll stick

“Sydney via Singapore – Daily service upgrades from 787-9 to 777-300ER with Club Suites” from 30 Oct 22. So I live in hope!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.