Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Changes afoot for free Curve card holders

• ankomonkey 44 posts

Are there really so many people who have 3+ Visa or Mastercard products? To be honest I thought these changes were too weak and unlikely to raise them much cash.

I did have until Creation decided they didn’t want my business anymore 😉

SamG 1,639 posts

It makes more sense in the US market whereby Curve does have some utility in routing charges to correct credit cards to take advantage of bonus catagories on dining / travel etc. But in the UK I agree, the vast majority of UK customers would only have 1 or 2 cards linked. I have my HSBC WE and my Santander Zero as I do sometimes GBIT transactions that have ended up charging me FX if I’ve gone over the limit

WillPS 194 posts

It makes more sense in the US market whereby Curve does have some utility in routing charges to correct credit cards to take advantage of bonus catagories on dining / travel etc. But in the UK I agree, the vast majority of UK customers would only have 1 or 2 cards linked. I have my HSBC WE and my Santander Zero as I do sometimes GBIT transactions that have ended up charging me FX if I’ve gone over the limit

Surely Curve does the FX bit regardless of which underlying card you use?

Mr. AC 46 posts

It makes more sense in the US market whereby Curve does have some utility in routing charges to correct credit cards to take advantage of bonus catagories on dining / travel etc. But in the UK I agree, the vast majority of UK customers would only have 1 or 2 cards linked.

Actually you can totally do this as a UK customer – spend in the UK and charge to US cards. The issue is that this requires access to the US credit market which is very tricky unless you have a social security number.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.