Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Changing BAEC mobile number

• Ricardos-Alpert 15 posts

Hi All,

In abit of a pickle. Trying to book reward flight on Qatar (have to transfer avios from BA first), however issue I am having is that when I try to combine my avios, it is sending out a one time password to wife’s mobile number. She is currently abroad and not getting these texts.

Is there a way I can change this mobile number? I tried updating the contact details on BAEC, however still going to the old mobile number.

Is there anyway I can book a ticket on her behalf? She has all of the avios points in her account and we are in a household account, the flight is on qatar which is another headache.

Thanks in advance.

Aquarius12 43 posts

Can you not just book the Qatar reward flight from BA household account ?

Skywalker 755 posts

If you’re trying to log in to the QR website, doesn’t QR also send OTPs to email addresses in addition to the mobile?

Maybe check the junk mail.

Ricardos-Alpert 15 posts

Can you not just book the Qatar reward flight from BA household account ?

Hello, I could book, but reason I didn’t want to was that in case there was an issue with flight delay etc, ticket would have been booked by BA, and hearing horror stories when things go wrong Qatar can’t access BA system even though there part of avios network

Ricardos-Alpert 15 posts

If you’re trying to log in to the QR website, doesn’t QR also send OTPs to email addresses in addition to the mobile?

Qatar do send OTP to text / email, but I was trying to combine my avios on BA website, which only seems to send OTP via text.

SteveJ 1,004 posts

Qatar do send OTP to text / email, but I was trying to combine my avios on BA website, which only seems to send OTP via text.

Do it the other way? Use combine by Avios on the Qatar site, you can send Avios either way when logged in on the Qatar side.

Ricardos-Alpert 15 posts

Do it the other way? Use combine by Avios on the Qatar site, you can send Avios either way when logged in on the Qatar side.

Tried that aswell.but unfortunately BA still require OTP even if doing combine my avios via Qatar, think because maybe I haven’t did before in UK they asking for OTP via mobile

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,252 posts

Hello, I could book, but reason I didn’t want to was that in case there was an issue with flight delay etc, ticket would have been booked by BA, and hearing horror stories when things go wrong Qatar can’t access BA system even though there part of avios network

QR don’t need to access BA avios system. They just need to access the ticket which is a totally different system.

Given the frequency with which QR changes schedules and plane types you may be better off booking via BA because you’d be under their T&Cs and not QRs and BAs can be somewhat better than QRs

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,252 posts

BTW when changing a phone number in an account it’s pretty common to send an OTP to the original number to permit the change – it’sa fraud prevention measure.

Ricardos-Alpert 15 posts

BTW when changing a phone number in an account it’s pretty common to send an OTP to the original number to permit the change – it’sa fraud prevention measure.

Yeh the problem is I thought roaming was enabled on wife’s phone as on three, but when try to login to the three app, that also asks for a OTP, but wife is abroad and can’t get any text messages etc

Lula 210 posts

I have a similar problem except that it’s attached to a number I no longer have access to at all. BA have been useless at trying to sort it. They don’t even seem to understand the issue.

Ricardos-Alpert 15 posts

I have a similar problem except that it’s attached to a number I no longer have access to at all. BA have been useless at trying to sort it. They don’t even seem to understand the issue.

How long have you been trying to change the number? Been over the 72 hours like customer services said and still not changed, might have to just book the Qatar flights on BA and pray nothing goes wrong.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.