Forums › Frequent flyer programs › British Airways Executive Club › Changing route on BA cash ticket
Changing route on BA cash ticket
Discuss today's stories:
We have booked non refundable cash flights in economy to BCN in April however wish to change route to NYC , called BA they said only option is to canx (refund of partial tax ) and then rebook
Is this correct ? if you get a more helpful agent would they allow us to change route without change fee and just pay difference, or allow a free cancellation in form of voucher or is this wishful thinking
Yes it’s correct and I wonder why you think it isn’t.
Actually usually BA will allow a route change so I can’t see why this isn’t possible. If they are cheap tickets the fee might be more than the ticket is worth though
If you are getting virtually nothing back maybe keep them till nearer the time and hope the flight gets a time change or cancellation so that you get offered a refund?
Thanks for help all the tickets with tax were 100… the agent when called just said you will have to cancel and rebook annoying they won’t allow me just to change and waiver any kind of fee as the nyc flights are 600 so there getting more money off me
The covid flexible booking policy is over now so any tickets bought which aren’t flexible, are just that – not flexible. There’s plenty of other airlines flying to New York though if you feel too aggrieved to spend more money with BA.
easyJet allow changes to destinations for non-refundable flights, all for fees of course, and can be done online.
How much is it to fly from BCN to New York?
That sounds like the best advice! There are returns under 500 euros in the back half of April and into May.
Choice of Level, American, United, Delta.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Popular articles this week:
Bits: get your HfP Summer Party tickets, Priority Pass adds a Terminal 5 spa experience
New mega-carrier Riyadh Air reveals its livery as it starts delivery of 72 long haul aircraft
Priority Pass and Plaza Premium kiss and make up – you can access Plaza lounges from today
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- SamG on Marriot hotel trying to charge for child stay on a points redemption booking
- Geoggy on Who has received the 100,000 Avios?
- morglou on Barclaycard Avios plus recent enhanced welcome bonus / issues with app
- PeteM on Chat thread – Saturday 10th June
- BA Flyer IHG Stayer on Chat thread – Saturday 10th June
- PeteM on Not seated together on long haul Avios reward flight
- Captains_Son on Torquay Hampton by Hilton – any experience?
- timmy_uk on Chat thread – Saturday 10th June
- CharlieUK on Account lockout last night, and BA does not know why
- e14 on Terminal 3 First lounge closed for GGL
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.