Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Chase Current Account – credit card next?

• Viper 10 posts

I’ve seen that Chase have opened up a UK current account. Are we to expect that a points based Credit Card will follow at some point in the future, as per their US operation?

Youllnever 182 posts

Maybe, maybe not. That’s a crystal ball question.

can 506 posts

Most likely not. US is a completely different ball game with high credit card rates.

AMEX 15 posts

I would be really nice if Chase put some credit cards into the uk market there CHASE FREEDOM UNLIMITED,Chase Freedom Flex and Chase Sapphire Preferred cards are amazing.

can 506 posts

5% cash back can only be possible in the US, you can see the max they can “cashback” here from their current offers. Even amex’s US offers are much much more generous.

VinZ 142 posts

I’ve been dreaming of getting a Chase Sapphire card for years now…

Cranzle 272 posts

Off topic but…

I’ve recently opened a Chase account on behalf of a elderly relative. I’m hoping to administer transactions for them using my phone. The account set up process went smoothly and was impressively quick.

If the relative spends a lot of time abroad, am I likely to get caught out my any security measures on the Chase App that is on my phone? I’m particulary worried about it asking for a selfie to confirm identity etc.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

I’ve been dreaming of getting a Chase Sapphire card for years now…

You’ll need to move to the US then.

0.3% interchange fees don’t buy you much, unless you are planning to use your credit card as a loss leader to sell other products or to get a new audience to your bank.

WillPS 194 posts

Off topic but…

I’ve recently opened a Chase account on behalf of a elderly relative. I’m hoping to administer transactions for them using my phone. The account set up process went smoothly and was impressively quick.

If the relative spends a lot of time abroad, am I likely to get caught out my any security measures on the Chase App that is on my phone? I’m particulary worried about it asking for a selfie to confirm identity etc.

Do you have Power of Attorney over said elderly relative? Are Chase aware that you are pushing the buttons on behalf of your elderly relatively?

If the answer to either of these questions is No I would stop what you’re doing, as it’ll be a breach of Chase’s terms and if discovered (which sounds incredibly likely if you’re enquiring managing the account from a different country to that which it’ll be used in) you could both end up in a lot of silly bother including CIFAS markers.

JDB 4,378 posts

Off topic but…

I would strongly echo what @WillPS says. If you are going to administer someone else’s money, you need to do it officially. The bank should also provide two logins (as on a joint account) so they know who has effected any transaction. I am in the process of helping someone administer an estate and they discovered that a relative was unofficially ‘helping’ without the knowledge of the only relative that had the LPA. Other relatives entitled to bequests in the will very unhappy… Bank investigated and will compensate but also reporting it to the Police. It’s not difficult to do it properly (and keep good records of what you do) and will save no end of trouble.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.