Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Cheap Australia business fares

• Joe 15 posts

Is anyone aware of any ongoing deals to Australia? I need to book some flights soon. I took a look via Oslo etc but not sure if there is something on I might be missing

Londonsteve 193 posts

You haven’t said when you’re looking to travel. There will be times of the year when a cheap fare is impossible. Generally premium cabins are flying very full this year owing to pent-up demand and people using vouchers from trips that were deferred due to the pandemic. Cash fares are very high, higher than most savvy travellers are willing to pay but as there are only a handful of seats left, the airlines are holding out for those that will.

Bill 169 posts

I am hoping for a sale, but in the meantime I have booked Malaysian Economy Flex from Heathrow. I can cancel it for a full refund if necessary.

I’ve had a look on Google flights and so far the “best” I could see was CDG-BKK for £1200. However it’s still quite a distance from BKK

JenT 150 posts

There were some good prices for Munich-Brisbane with EVA recently but it depends what dates you are looking at. Same for TLL-BKK and also BUD-HKG if you are trying to get Business to some part of Asia at least.

This forum on Flyertalk is pretty good if you are looking for deals. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/

JDB 4,375 posts

@Joe have you looked at a double open jaw from nordics? Cheaper than return or single open jaw for some reason and ADL or BNE cheaper. Just under £3k (inc fx fees) business with QR ARN-SYD/MEL-CPH which currently I think is quite reasonable plus earns lots of Avios/TP.

Joe 15 posts

Thanks for the replies. For more detail I need to go the SYD for around a week, leaving on about the 31st of October and coming back on the evening of the 4th or in the day on the 5th (to LON). I am pretty flexible with how I go. Essentially my company has a travel policy of prem econ and that’s the price they will accept. If I can find a business routing which come out about that price then I can book. The prem econ ticket is between £3900 and £4400 – so that’s my budget.

Jon 268 posts

Don’t know whether this would help you at all, but I was recently able to book an open jaw LHR-SIN and BKK-LHR on Finnair in November for £2500 (in Business). That would leave you £1900 to separately book SIN-SYD-BKK if you’re comfortable doing it on separate tickets (or spending a day or two in each city as contingency!) for some reason the open jaw was coming out cheaper than a simple return to either city. Looked like there were some even cheaper days in October. YMMV etc 😉

gtellez 162 posts

There was some good fares from Madrid with *A to Sydney and Melbourne, around 2.5k euros. But they were with two stops, so you would need another one to Madrid.
    In your dates I can see 3k with Vietnam Airlines from Madrid, although booking with OTAs.

Joe 15 posts

@gtellez what were the stops? just taking a look

gtellez 162 posts

I think for the *A fares they were first in Munich/Frankfurt and then in Singapore. For the Vietnam Airlines fare the first one in Paris and the second in Ho Chi Min

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

Skip’s Flight Club had a code for an Oman Air deal this week.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.