Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Check your points bookings are posting ….

• Mick S 271 posts

I have used a lot of points recently to get some free nights and the majority of these points bookings are NOT being added to the nights/stays.
    If you’ve had any points stays recently then I would recommend you check out the app/website and take a look.

I’ve spent an awful lot of time emailing back and forth, working my way through “first line” who will claim points booking do not count. When you eventually get to someone decent they can manually sort this. It’s been worth the effort though as I wasn’t going to let 28 nights just disappear.

It’s been confirmed to me via email there is a known “system issue”, but it seems you have to start proceedings yourself.

NorthernLass 7,544 posts

I’ve never had points bookings added to my qualifying nights – I didn’t think they counted with HH?! Though as I get gold from the HH visa it’s never been an issue.

BJ 657 posts

I’ve never had points bookings added to my qualifying nights – I didn’t think they counted with HH?! Though as I get gold from the HH visa it’s never been an issue.

Indeed they do 🙂

Thanks @Mick for highlighting this issue.

Mick S 271 posts

They defintely count, and most needed to maintain Diamond. 🙂

You won’t receive base points, but they qualify for elite status and you should also get 1000 points per stay depending on what you have selected in MyWay. And they will also count to the Milestone bonus of 10,000 points per 10 nights.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    BJ 657 posts

You’re getting the Gold from someplace else (enough said), HH visa is silver. Time to ditch HH visa unless you’re doing some creative stuff with it.

Mick S 271 posts

You’re getting the Gold from someplace else (enough said), HH visa is silver. Time to ditch HH visa unless you’re doing some creative stuff with it.

Isn’t it Silver for holding the card, and achieving Gold by spending a relatively small amount (by HFP member standards here) 😉

NorthernLass 7,544 posts

Gold for £10k spend. Still wondering whether to cancel and transfer spend to Virgin and apply for avios BC after 6 months but it feels very final given that the HH card is no longer available. I thought I might stay enough nights to retain gold but then IHG brought in the free breakfast for diamonds and the game changed again!

BJ 657 posts

Yes, forgot about that – £10k?

Mick S 271 posts

Gold for £10k spend. Still wondering whether to cancel and transfer spend to Virgin and apply for avios BC after 6 months but it feels very final given that the HH card is no longer available. I thought I might stay enough nights to retain gold but then IHG brought in the free breakfast for diamonds and the game changed again!

I’m holding the HH card for as long as I can, it will need to be forcibly dragged away from me. At some point I know it will go, but until then 🤣.

NorthernLass 7,544 posts

You’re probably right. The BC avios upgrade voucher being pretty rubbish is also swinging it towards keeping HH atm.

Peter K 553 posts

Easily hit gold again with the HH card. While tempted by the avios BC, I can get enough Avios with Amex at the moment and I feel it’s good to diversify into hotel points as well.

Mick S 271 posts

You’re probably right. The BC avios upgrade voucher being pretty rubbish is also swinging it towards keeping HH atm.

Yep, I don’t think the upgrade voucher is that great. I’m getting the voucher for having the current account but thinking of dropping off this when the voucher comes through next month and save on the fee. I’m trying wherever possible to fly ex-UK and save on the BA surcharges, plus I’ve had the taste for F recently which isn’t possible with the voucher.

BJ 657 posts

My decision was simple since getting LD, however, even without that I would now cancel it so that I can apply for the new avios card. Mainly because HH have hiked redemption rates far too much at the lower end and mid range properties I prefer, I now favour IHG for those redemptions, and for loyalty as rwaching Ciamond us simpne and inexpensive. I now see Hilton better focussed on paid stays. Besides, we can get HH points via amex, Virgin and purchase if required. If IHG launch a new card I think Hilton will follow anyway.

can 506 posts

For me the real nuisance was that the app does not track nights. So I keep track of them in a spreadsheet. That was the only way for me to know whether I collect nights from points stay.

can 506 posts

And it seems that I was not awarded nights for some points stays this summer.
    Thank you @MickS

Mick S 271 posts

For me the real nuisance was that the app does not track nights. So I keep track of them in a spreadsheet. That was the only way for me to know whether I collect nights from points stay.

It should do. The IOS Hilton app shows nights and stays when you select

Account

at the bottom of the screen.

Mick S 271 posts

But only if they have posted 🤣

can 506 posts

Unless you keep track of your stay history or have a perfect memory it is not easy to figure out whether your nights are added. In the app I struggle the find a spreadsheet log my stay history.

I have 50+ nights. Some rolled over from last year some from this year. If I knew perfectly my night count at the beginning of the year, yes I can compute the correct number. But I am not so sure. That’s my problem

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.