Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Chiltern Firehouse – a Mr & Mrs Smith Hotel

• Kowalski 105 posts

Hi all,

I’m looking a week long stay at the Chiltern Firehouse in London, which I only just discovered is a Mr & Mrs Smith hotel which I understand is a member of the IHG rewards program. I’ve never booked a Mr & Mrs Smith hotel before and I’m a little confused. I can’t find the hotel on the IHG app for any dates. So is it not possible to book reward nights there?

Will I still earn points and bonus points for the current IHG promo for a cash booking?

SimonD 10 posts

Hi. The availability of Mr & Mrs Smith hotels through the IHG system is very variable. A lot of the hotels aren’t really bookable through IHG (I assume that they have opted out) and many of them that do appear in the system don’t appear to have any availability when I look.

It might be worth looking to seeing if the hotel is bookable through either Mr & Mrs Smith or directly through it’s own website. If it’s present there but not through IHG then I would guess that it’s an opt-out.

Kowalski 105 posts

Hi Simon,

The hotel is on the Mr & Mrs Smith website. So if I book through that, will I receive the IHG points and bonus points?

E 92 posts

No, you won’t get any IHG points. Mr & Mrs Smith isn’t part of IHG. They are a separate company, marketing mostly independent hotels, and that’s why all the hotels they sell probably wouldn’t have agreed to lots of IHG points being earned or redeemed with them.

Kowalski 105 posts

No, you won’t get any IHG points. Mr & Mrs Smith isn’t part of IHG. They are a separate company, marketing mostly independent hotels, and that’s why all the hotels they sell probably wouldn’t have agreed to lots of IHG points being earned or redeemed with them.

Are you sure? I thought we were meant to be able to earn & burn IHG points at Mr & Mrs Smith hotels now? I wanted to make sure the current promo would also apply. But you think I wouldn’t even earn any points at all?

JDB 4,375 posts

Are you sure? I thought we were meant to be able to earn & burn IHG points at Mr & Mrs Smith hotels now? I wanted to make sure the current promo would also apply. But you think I wouldn’t even earn any points at all?

Mr & Mrs Smith is an appendage of IHG, not really part of of. Like Hyatt and SLH, they are separate marketing organisations but have a link up. If you don’t believe or understand the advice already provided, you could look at the respective web sites which will confirm what you have been told and how to earn/redeem points with the Smiths.

TGLoyalty 530 posts

To earn points / nights you MUST book via IHG

Not all Mr & Mrs Smith properties are bookable via IHG, only those that opted in.

Kowalski 105 posts

To earn points / nights you MUST book via IHG

Not all Mr & Mrs Smith properties are bookable via IHG, only those that opted in.

Thanks. The hotel is listed on the IHG website (https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/gb/en/mrmrssmith/hotel-directory) but isn’t visible when looking to make a booking in London.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.