Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Cliveden House. Worth it?

• SRF. 43 posts

I’ve recently cancelled my SSDV stay so had windfall of Bendy IHG points returned to my account.

As not travelling anywhere for while, looking at UK uses. Done the UK ICs and Kimptons etc and also most the preferred Indigos etc.

I’ve booked Cliveden Club/Basic Room for anniversary night (September) for 120k points. Works out fixed 0.4p/point.

It is worth big chunk of low-return points, or should I hang on until need them abroad at some point?

Wife and I stayed Langley couple times and really enjoyed it. Cliveden looks similar but obviously much more history.

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

We visited as National Trust members a few years ago and didn’t know until then that it also operates as a hotel. It is a lovely property but I suppose it depends on whether you mind non-residents tramping round the grounds and house!

aseftel 269 posts

I had a very nice stay there earlier this year. From a value for money point of view, I’d have to say that I think you could get much of the ‘experience’ just by visiting for lunch/dinner, but I couldn’t really fault anything while I was there (indeed, I’m going back in the summer).

revkev7 12 posts

I’ve stayed a couple of times and it really is a wonderful experience- especially in the summer with the outside pool!

shilly 111 posts

I’ve managed to book a mansion deluxe room on my ihg free night in the summer so thanks really looking forward to it and hopefully will make the most of the outside pool if the weather holds!!!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.