Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• egregiousuk 3 posts

Not sure if anyone else has flagged this. I got an email a couple of days ago to notify me of a seat change on a flight. Turns out it’s my Gatwick to Vancouver for next August and it’s now showing a Club Suite.

Is this a change to the ‘no plans to roll out to Gatwick’ or just a fluke? The return leg is still showing the old Club World seat.

harley 109 posts

I made a booking over the phone this week and the agent confirmed my flight was showing as club suite and i have reserved a window seat already with silver. He said that they were rolling out to most of the long haul gatwick planes with the aim of finishing by early 2023. Hoping they dont change the type last minute as usual though

SamG 1,639 posts

I don’t believe the plan is to refurb the 32 CW cabins, they’ve already been done in the other classes and switched to 3-4-3 in WT. But there definitely seems to be a plan to have a one or a couple of CS aircraft there, a LGW-Doha flight I was looking at in Feb/Mar is allocated as one

egregiousuk 3 posts

I don’t believe the plan is to refurb the 32 CW cabins, they’ve already been done in the other classes and switched to 3-4-3 in WT. But there definitely seems to be a plan to have a one or a couple of CS aircraft there, a LGW-Doha flight I was looking at in Feb/Mar is allocated as one

Well even this is progress on the previous plan. I now just have to hold my breath until August and hope for no further aircraft changes!

Richie 978 posts

My guess is some LGW aircraft are going in for heavy maintenance and are being temporarily replaced with LHR based aircraft.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.