Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Combining GUF2 and AMEX2-4-1

• Bostrom22 1 post

Hello
    I’d be grateful for some guidance. I have a GUF2 voucher + an AMEX Premium Plus 2-4-1 voucher which I was hoping to combine to book a much coveted pair of A class First seats from London to Sydney. I was just told by Customer Services that it isn’t possible to combine these to book seats in First, only in Club (I class) or Premium Economy. I was told this was mentioned in the Terms and Conditions of the AMEX voucher. I’ve just read these thoroughly and I can’t find any reference to this. Who’s right? Should it be possible for me to combine the vouchers and do this, or not?

Thanks for your help!

NorthernLass 7,571 posts

I’m not very familiar with the GUF2 voucher but Rob did an article about its value being reduced by the recent changes to avios pricing – have you read this before you commmit to using it?

tiriavpo 312 posts

You should be able to do that – we have just done that trip albeit it was originally booked pre-pandendemic and moved several times. The new issue with GUF into First is that it is not covered by the new RFS pricing so it is generally more avios than it used to be AND still the old high taxes – which is what the article is about.

The GOOD think about using a GUF at the time of booking is that you don’t need avios availability in club, just availability in A. If you call up with preferred dates they should be able to see when there is A class available – although that is also likes hens teeth.

I think that trying to do it online (under the book and upgrade tab) only sees reward availability in F, whereas the agent should be able to put you in revenue A. Either way, you can call up and try to find availability, and get it priced, without committing yourself.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.