Commission for crypto deposit
31st May 2023 at 21:02THEPUMA 23 posts
I want to deposit some cash into Kucoin, a crypto exchange. I already have a credit in my Barclaycard account having done a balance transfer from a 0% Virgin card.
Does anyone know whether there will be any cost of depositing from my Barclaycard? I assume no interest for a quasi cash withdrawal since I will be in credit. Is there a commission percentage?31st May 2023 at 21:53TooPoorToBeHere 229 posts
Do Kucoin even do credit card funding anymore?
If they do, they will charge you a fee, and Barclays will likely charge you a cash advance fee as well.
You’ve a significant risk of having your Barclaycard account suspended for suspicious activity, on top. Crypto is high risk and Kucoin is even riskier.
There must be a less bad way to cash out from Barclaycard credit than this. Indeed I know a few ways but they’ll stop working if I post them here…you have to get a bit more creative 🙂31st May 2023 at 22:03THEPUMA 23 posts
Yeah they seem to. Ok thanks I’ll use a debit card instead.
I’ll have no problem spending the balance!31st May 2023 at 22:04JDB 4,138 posts
Barclays will charge you a 2.99% fee and irrespective of any credit you may have on your account from the balance transfer, you are subject to the cash limit on your account, which will be considerably lower than your credit limit.31st May 2023 at 22:12THEPUMA 23 posts
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Interview: Sir Tim Clark, CEO Emirates, on his new Business Class, success of Premium Economy
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- davefl on Chat thread – Saturday 2nd March
- curiously on Avios not refunded
- JDB on Amex Platinum Travel Insurance
- JDB on Post your American Express Platinum retention offers here!
- Dragonlady on Virgin Voyages not returning to Australia later this year
- tiberius on Anyone been to Bahrain?
- tootsci on Crediting Avios on Vueling to IB?
- jj on Chat thread – Saturday 2nd March
- peasoup on Aer Lingus new qualification period – 1st April 2024
- Travel Strong on Amex Platinum Travel Insurance
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.