Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Can I still use my Companion Voucher after card cancellation?

• NYC 8 posts

Hi all,Looking for some confirmation on the following please. Was just about to cancel my BA Premium Plus card, but Amex stated that if I did that I wouldn’t be able to use my companion voucher, as it needs to be redeemed with a BA card when booking a flight.
    I asked if I downgraded to the free card would that work, but the advice did not inspire confidence. They said it should be OK but to check with Customer Service. (I was on the chat).
    Has anyone else experienced this?
    Thanks

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Guernsey Globetrotter 588 posts

All the feedback on here suggests you have nothing to worry about and that all you need to do is pay for the taxes & fees with any Amex when booking (including a card in someone else’s name).

SteveJ 979 posts

Exactly what Guernsey Globetrotter said. Numerous threads on this same subject.

Non-issue, cancel the card and as long as you can use another, borrow someone else’s Amex when it comes time to use the voucher you’ll be totally fine.

NYC 8 posts

Thanks and appreciated

Karl 47 posts

I’d imagine a decent proportion of people using companion vouchers read this site so if there was ever an issue it would certainly have been mentioned here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.