Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Conditions for ‘stop over’ ticketing…

• Not Long Now... 94 posts

Anybody know or have a pointer to where I can find the limits on times between, and any special conditions for ‘stop over’ flights with BA. I’m looking to roll Euro city breaks into a long haul redemption using a 241 voucher, and have tried searching ba.com but to no avail… dummy bookings seem to allow me to break the initial outbound segments by several months, which is great, but wondered if there was actually a visible set of conditions.
    e.g. AMS-LHR-JNB-LHR-AMS, with AMS-LHR in January, LHR-JNB in March, JNB-LHR April and LHR-AMS in June.

Also, with a booking such as the above, any problem with other BA bookings in the middle of the first booking, such as also doing a LHR-JFK-LHR in May, whilst other booking is still ‘open’ and part flown?

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    SamG 1,644 posts

ITA Matrix or expertflyer fare rules. Usually the cheapest flights do not allow stopover but YMMV

No issues “nesting” tickets on BA

ChrisC 956 posts

I don’t think there is a specific and single set of rules on what isn’t and isn’t a stop over but they depend on the individual fare rules.

You can usually tell when you’ve breached them because the price will increase by a lot and not just because APD kicks in ex UK but perhaps because you’ve crossed the end date for a sale during the trip.

John 1,000 posts

If you’re doing a redemption then rules on ITA / EF don’t mean anything

I think that you can do each leg whenever as long as it’s all within 12 months

But I think you don’t get the RFS pricing, so while you save the avios on the AMS flight you have to pay the full taxes and charges.

The advantage of starting from AMS is that if you are in the UK for under 24 hours you don’t pay APD – if your stopover is a month you will pay the full APD so there might not be any saving on the short haul from the 241

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.