Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Confirmable Suite Upgrades – now available on rewards

• BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,085 posts

Was checking the Rewards T&Cs for something else and noticed a change in wording

Confirmable Suite Upgrade can only be applied to stays that are on an eligible rate, e.g., Best Flexible, Member Discount, Reward Night, Government, and select Corporate and package rates

Previously it said ‘coming soon’

Also noticed it now ways ‘coming soon’ for the AMB BOGOF Weekend Voucher which I don’t recall seeing that specifically before

Andrew J 769 posts

That’s good news.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,203 posts

Proof of the pudding etc though with this, although they have been promising it for long enough.

meta 1,441 posts

It’s been possible for a while now, but hit and miss with agents.

qc 207 posts

I can confirm that the agent told me that rewards nights are eligible for the suite upgrade – however the ‘Stay Longer’ rate that we have booked isn’t eligible!

Supergers49 225 posts

We have 5 nights at the IC Estoril in February. Typically, I book stays night-by-night, just in case any individual night of a stay improves in price. This is what I have for Estoril.

Does anyone know whether a Confirmable Upgrade Voucher can be used for one stay but across 5 different reservation numbers?

Colin MacKinnon 283 posts

Comments not available on today’s article.

Anna 458 posts

I can confirm that the agent told me that rewards nights are eligible for the suite upgrade – however the ‘Stay Longer’ rate that we have booked isn’t eligible!

I think it has to be the standard flexible rate, there’s an article today!

AndyUK101 49 posts

Just used a suite upgrade at the IC Park Lane on an awards booking

Options offered were – Premium park view, King Classic Mayfair floor or a Junior Suite – Junior suite was the best value, around £225 per night of ‘value’ from the voucher

Hilda M 61 posts

Just used a suite upgrade at the IC Park Lane on an awards booking

Options offered were – Premium park view, King Classic Mayfair floor or a Junior Suite – Junior suite was the best value, around £225 per night of ‘value’ from the voucher

Are they abiding by the rules offering two non suite rooms ? It’s not an upgrade voucher, it’s a Suite upgrade voucher. King Classic Mayfair is the lowest level of the Mayfair rooms.

Anna 458 posts

They can offer other premium rooms under some circumstances. Andy doesn’t say what his original room is (but presumably standard Cosy if it’s a points booking). ICPL don’t like upgrading people to Mayfair rooms from the un-refurbished ones as far as I can gather.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,085 posts

This is what the T&Cs state

Confirmable Suite Upgrades will be applicable for one room upgrade to an entry-level suite or premium room where a suite is not available.

Also you don’t have to take it it’s not what you want.

Before you call do a dummy cash booking for your dates so you have an idea of what might be available.

And if it’s not check again the next day as these things can change as people cancel rooms.

Hilda M 61 posts

This is what the T&Cs state

Confirmable Suite Upgrades will be applicable for one room upgrade to an entry-level suite or premium room where a suite is not available.

Also you don’t have to take it it’s not what you want.

Before you call do a dummy cash booking for your dates so you have an idea of what might be available.

And if it’s not check again the next day as these things can change as people cancel rooms.
    /quote]

Thanks for checking the T&C’s – I hadn’t obviously. And I’m wrong about the lowest level, that’s the Mayfair Cosy – the Classic is 23 Sq m. I’m hoping to use an upgrade voucher & points at IC SYD in December – they are notoriously stingy with upgrades, so it will be interesting to see what’s on offer.

AndyUK101 49 posts

Yep, as suggested it was a bog standard cosy room on points for the initial booking

I’ve had a few visits to the IC Park lane on points and previously upgraded for cash, usually offered £65pn for the park view, £120pn for the mayfair room or £250ish for a junior suite

AndyUK101 49 posts

Just completed 4 nights at the IC park lane, on the plus side Ambassador benefits were honoured for the points booking so another upgrade on top of the Suite voucher to a 1 bed Junior Suite, late checkout and a couple of free drinks voucher on top of the diamond reward ones. Good improvements in the lounge as well, the combination of afternoon tea and the improved offering for happy hour is comfortably enough to see you through an evening now

On the downside, the free drinks vouchers no longer apply to champagne in the lobby bar

pappap647 48 posts

Just spoke to an agent who said its currently paused for reward bookings. trying to speak to someone more senior.

pappap647 48 posts

Got passed up to a supervisor who corrected the previous agent, they said the reason I couldnt use the voucher was becuase it wasnt a standard/classic room booked on points.

So I make a new booking (20k points less) and they upgraded me while on the phone to a nice suite at the IC Bali resport.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.