Connecting flight (BA from EDI-LHR onto VS LHR-SFO) baggage
30th May 2023 at 15:26steve7612 31 posts
We’re booked later this year flying BA from EDI-LHR (Economy) then LHR-SFO with VS (Upper). It’s booked as one ticket through Virgin (I’m also Gold but not sure if makes a difference here). Looking for clarity on two points as finding it impossible to contact Virgin to ask…
– Do our bags check through at Heathrow? We have plenty of time if we need to collect then check in again but would obviously rather not (same with do we remain airside and able to go through connections?)
– I’m clear on our baggage allowance on the Virgin flight, but then do we need to work with BA’s allowance on the BA flight?
Thanks!30th May 2023 at 15:46BA Flyer IHG Stayer 1,884 posts
1 – on the same booking bags will be transferred.
1a – yes you can remain airside. Follow the purple flight connections signs for the bus to T3 where you’ll clear security(and vice versa on the return unless you want to use revivals where you’ll enter the Uk then make your own way to T5)
2 – Should be the VS allowance and should be on your ticket.30th May 2023 at 16:44QwertyKnowsBest 299 posts
Just released should have done same and booked BA MAN-LHR with VS on one ticket when booking LHR-CPT. Instead school boy error and booked stand alone tickets. Out of interest anyone have any idea roughly how much a BA domestic connections adds to a VS issued long haul ticket?30th May 2023 at 17:59steve7612 31 posts
There was no logic to it for me. I ended up having to do the return leg as a separate booking as it would adding on £2k! On some dates and times it was even making it cheaper.30th May 2023 at 22:09NorthernLass 6,748 posts
MAN-LHR in economy ranges from £45 to over £300 one-way depending on the time of the flight, it’s crazy. If you’re planning to book it separately the best value is often a RFS for circa 4k avios plus £17.50 each way.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Etihad Guest changes – tough expiry rules, 75% award cancellation fees, lounge restrictions
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- Not Long Now… on Flying First – Dallas or Houston?
- davefl on Anyone seen this message from Ba website
- NYB90 on Amex Platinum insurance – MASTER THREAD
- RTS on Cash Advance Fee
- Helloboy on Chat thread – Saturday 24th February
- drdan on Flying First – Dallas or Houston?
- nickd19 on Chat thread – Saturday 24th February
- seki on BA not updating my tier points!
- Joecooljoe on Chat thread – Saturday 24th February
- phantomchickenz on Should I renew InterContinental Ambassador?
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.