Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Conrad New York Midtown – good value for points?

Conrad New York Midtown – good value for points?

• Tubbs

I am planning 5 nights in New York, probably first 2 weeks of October. Conrad Midtown looks like a good, relatively upscale, option for a first (and probably last) stay in NY. I have Hilton Gold status through AMEX Plat.

My plan is –

1. Buy 80,000 Hilton points (with 80,000 bonus) on my account and Mrs T’s account. Transfer Mrs T’s points to my account so I have total of 320,000 points.
    2. Wait for another Hilton buy points promotion (if they increase the annual limit to over 80,000) and top up with another 60,000 total.
    3. If not possible to buy more points from Hilton then convert 30,000 MR points to 60,000 Hilton points so I have total of 380,000 points (I value MR points at 1000 = £8).
    4. When I have flights booked and dates determined, book 5 nights at Conrad Midtown using ‘5 nights for 4’ offer for 95,000 x 4 = 380,000 points.

This would give us 5 nights for approx $1925 at current FX rate so $385 per night with no extra fees or taxes. We would also get $50 per day F&B credit with Hilton Gold.

There are obviously plenty of cheaper hotels and a good number of more expensive places. Value for money, rather than actual price, is most important to us and $385 for Conrad seems like decent value.

So…does this seem like a reasonable plan? Any obvious pitfalls or key pieces of information I am missing? Any obvious good value alternative I should be considering (I took a long look at IC Times Square but the price comparison suggests Conrad is better value for money). Thanks.

• This topic was modified 4 days, 10 hours ago by Tubbs.
    Rob
    HfP Staff

Conrad is ‘all suite’ so you can’t really compare to the IC. I doubt anywhere else in NY will give you a suite for that.

Here’s a Michele review – BA used this hotel for the media at the New York relaunch event, whereas Rhys was on the Virgin flight and was put in The Pendry – https://www.turningleftforless.com/the-new-conrad-new-york-midtown-hotel-review-the-best-new-york-hilton-redemption/

Tubbs

Conrad is ‘all suite’ so you can’t really compare to the IC. I doubt anywhere else in NY will give you a suite for that.

Here’s a Michele review – BA used this hotel for the media at the New York relaunch event, whereas Rhys was on the Virgin flight and was put in The Pendry – https://www.turningleftforless.com/the-new-conrad-new-york-midtown-hotel-review-the-best-new-york-hilton-redemption/

Thanks Rob. Anyone else care to critique my cunning plan?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.