Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Copenhagen hotel and restaurant recommendations?

• megoi 18 posts

Hi All,

I am planning a weekend break in Copenhagen in May.

Does anyone have any hotel or restaurant recommendations?

Cheers,
    Conor

ExpatInBerlin 185 posts

@megoi I highly recommend the Radisson Collection Hotel, Royal Copenhagen. Both the building and all the original furniture were designed by renowned Danish architect Arne Jacobsen. It was the world’s first “design hotel” when it opened in 1960 and they’ve still kept one of the original rooms completely intact and untouched as a memento! It has kept the art-meets-function feel. Even if you don’t stay there it’s worth popping into the lobby to sit on the egg chairs and admire the architecture.

No Longer Entitled 117 posts

We stayed at the Kong Arthur a couple of months back and it was very good.

I’d also highly recommend the food hall which is close by. Lots of small independent sellers and the quality of the produce was excellent, especially the Argentina stall Loboca with simply amazing empanadas and salads. Also, unusually for Copenhagen, it is very reasonably priced for people spending sterling. The food hall is called TorvehallerneKBH.

Roberto 281 posts

Take a lot of money, I enjoyed my time in Copenhagen but felt it was somewhat overpriced.

Peter K 553 posts

I loved sticks n sushi (there are a handful in the UK as well).

The Marriott is right next to the canal if you have status and are likely to get a room facing it. Great views and when sunny it’s lovely for a dip. Otherwise the position of the hotel is nothing special and the restaurant was average.

No Longer Entitled 117 posts

Take a lot of money, I enjoyed my time in Copenhagen but felt it was somewhat overpriced.

Average wage is in excess of £60k. It’s not overpriced if you live/earn there.

Chas 139 posts

Pre-Covid we visited good friends who live there, and they took us to Reffen which is a kind of street food market and outdoor chill-out place on an island less than a 10 min ferry ride from New Havn. It was the highlight of the trip for me, and is top of my list for when I visit them again. Best to go late afternoon heading into evening, or on a weekend. Obviously better on good weather days (it’s closed during the winter anyway). Last time I looked their facebook page / website made it look more like an entertainment venue focussed on music, and whilst there are some artists performing some evenings I think, it certainly wasn’t the vibe when I was there. We were two families (parents 40’s / 50’s with teenagers), and no-one felt out of place.

On the foodie front, apart from Reffen, we were recommended to go to “Torvehallerne” (name of place) which is on “Frederiksborggade” (name of road). Think of it like an indoor market – in fact two indoor markets next to each other, with a combination of units selling fresh produce and restaurants / cafes selling food and drink. We had a great lunch there one day. There is a (permanent) stall just outside one of the markets called Blue Taco which was awesome – my Danish mate recommended it to me, and apparently it was set-up by a female Michellin starred chef, who decided to take her cooking in a sightly different direction away from the big restaurant set-up.

Oh – and the mobile hot dog vendors you see around the place are really, really good value (Copenhagen is well known for them)

And don’t get me started on Danish craft beer….

megoi 18 posts

Thank you everyone, some fantastic ideas there to get me started!!!

I’ll take a look at those hotels, from what I could tell, most of the big chains I have status with are a bit of a walk away from the heart of the centre.

Cheers, Conor

Jill Kinkell 153 posts

The Andersen is a very short walk from the station and central . It’s also quiet. Although last stayed there a few years ago
    Lived and worked in Copenhagen for 2 years ‘when I were a lass’ a few decades ago. Loved it.Have a lovely time

Chabuddy Geezy 30 posts

Oysters and Grill is a nice seafood restaurant.

megoi 18 posts

Many thanks Jill & Chabuddy!!!!

RobL 72 posts

Gasoline Grill – various locations.

alig4th 322 posts

Don’t suppose anyone has any experience of/recommendation for hotels suitable for a family of four (1yr old and 4yr old)? We’re booked flights for July, but still scoping accommodation (leaning towards Airbnb)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.