Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Covent Garden + Heathrow

• masaccio 722 posts

Rather unexpectedly I will need to be at T5 on a Sunday morning after being in London for a show (Royal Opera House to be specific). Hotels the Saturday night are looking pricey, especially near Paddington where I was hoping to take the HEX to avoid too early a get up. I’ll pay 200-250 for a London 4* hotel for 350+ is taking the proverbial.

Any suggestions maybe half way down the Piccadilly line or maybe the Elizabeth Line if that works that means not too far on a Saturday night after a show so we can have a nightcap, and not too far to T5 on a Sunday morning?

BJ 657 posts

My first thought was Indigo Kensington 2 minute walk from Earl’s Court. It’s a nice hotel, £183 or 42k points on Saturday.

PeteM 709 posts

The Premier Inn at Hayes and Harlington is £100 on Sat night. I was also going to recommend the Staycity there, but I think that may be a refugee hotel at the moment.

can 506 posts

I don’t know if it is just me but Waldorf Astoria London is for £247 for this Saturday.

can 506 posts

Remember the Hilton Honors sale in other words

masaccio 722 posts

Sadly 378 the weekend in April I’m looking at which much be some event I guess

Michael C 667 posts

Sadly 378 the weekend in April I’m looking at which much be some event I guess

Apr 1-20 = school hols, 28-30 = May bank holiday, so pretty chokka!

Gary 293 posts

Newish Premier Inn Hammersmith right by the tube (Shephards Bush Road, not the King St one) is halfway between ROH & LHR.

Gary 293 posts

And consult TFL website to confirm no planned engineering works on Piccadilly line on your specific weekend otherwise would be stuck.

masaccio 722 posts

Just been doing some reverse image searches of the room photos on Priceline secret hotels and that might be an option. Best Western Mornington is near Paddington and 200 quid on Priceline though it doesn’t have the best reviews.

Current thoughts are one of the Premier Inns suggested or taking a taxi to the airport Saturday evening and staying at the Sofitel which is 160 quid. Pretty sure I can expense the taxi but not the hotel, but London traffic on a Saturday night can be pretty grim.

Richie 987 posts

BTW the ROH spring season tickets went on sale yesterday.

masaccio 722 posts

BTW the ROH spring season tickets went on sale yesterday.

I’ve been a Friend for donks so always get early booking 😁 That said, there are always loads of seats already sold so that tells me that much like airline status, there’s always somebody with better status than you.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.