Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Credit to BA Executive Club when flying with Aer Lingus?

• OldComber 31 posts

Hi
    Im flying DUB-YYZ with Aer Lingus, in economy (Y) sadly.
    I’m a lowly Bronze BA EC member, albeit with a a decent clutch of Avios. I also have an Aer Club account which is next to empty.
    Should I stick my BA or Aer Club number against the booking? Is there a difference in Avios between them?, and will I collect Tier Points?
    Thank you, and apologies for my ignorance.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

Some cheap Aer Lingus fares don’t earn in BA – you’d need to check the relevant page on ba.com. I got nothing for a £1200 business class ticket to New York last year.

You are guaranteed Avios in AerClub and you can move them into your BA account via Combine My Avios.

No BA tier points irrespective.

OldComber 31 posts

Thank you – AerClub it is then!

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,084 posts

Consider the ability to transfer Avios between schemes, I’ve never understood why anyone credits EI flights to BAEC rather than EI’s AerClub where Avios and TPs would be earned. Who can tell when an unexpected further flight on EI happens that would tip over a TP status threshold. Who can tell when achieving that status in AerClub might come in handy. And it doesn’t have any implication for getting the Avios over to BAEC anyway.

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,084 posts

As an example, MAN-DUB-JFK return in J would earn 50+125+125+50=350 tier points. Silver status is achieved at 301 TPs. Even if the weird smallprint where some shorthaul connections don’t earn the full 50 TPs for Aerspace, you’re looking at 40+125+125+40=330. Still over the threshold for Silver.

OldComber 31 posts

Thanks Blair! Wish I’d known this years ago.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.