Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Crowne Plaza Edinburgh (or Voco?!)

• NorthernLass 7,461 posts

I’ve got a 2 night stay in Edinburgh in October, don’t need anything fancy. Cash prices are still very high and the CP is bookable at 39k per night which seems suspiciously reasonable (£230+ pn night cash). Has anyone stayed recently? The latest reviews are terrible and a couple mention that it’s currently being converted into a Voco!

AnotherUser 181 posts

I’m booked there next month. Would also be interested to hear any feedback on the place (booked there for a similar reason – decent points rate compared to the cash price of even Premier Inn).

The Voco Edinburgh Haymarket is nice (modern, well-organised, and fab views from some rooms) if the location works for you. Was booked up on my dates, though.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    chrism20 89 posts

It’s in the middle of a refurb I think which is possibly why the reviews are so bad and why it’s as low in points.

It was in a bit of a state pre-covid, personally I’d look elsewhere.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    tw33ty 185 posts

Yeah the cp Edinburgh is terrible.

Not been since any upgrade, but it badly needed it, tbh I thought it was going to be closed down or removed from ihg the state of it a couple of years ago.

It was worse than the cp at John Lennon airport, and that takes some beating.

AnotherUser 181 posts

I’d been hoping significant parts would already be upgraded (they started last year iirc). Maybe too optimiy, though!

NorthernLass 7,461 posts

A couple of TripAdvisor reviews say that the CP is being converted to a Voco (my header was ambiguous). I’ve not seen this anywhere else and I would have thought one Voco in the city was enough?!

EwanG 111 posts

In the IHG app, the CP description says “Our new gym facilities will open as we rebrand the hotel to voco™ [at the?] end of September 2022.”

So Anna you should be fine in time for your October visit. Walked past plenty of times but never been inside, and would expect any decent refurb to cost a significant amount due to being listed and the age of the property!

AnotherUser 181 posts

It’s saying facilities will open end of July on my booking!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.