Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Mastercard Curve and Barclaycard Avios plus

Curve and Barclaycard Avios plus

• Umgowah

Whilst the Barclaycard plus card works when spending through Curve, the option of paying off the balance using Curve has now been disabled, you get a lovely little message that they only accept payments from UK debit cards. Still, it was good whilst it lasted (i.e. last month)

Rui N.

Barclays hasn’t accepted payments via Curve for several years now.

iamlost

What about using Curve/Barclaycard to pay off Amex – does that work?

Rui N.

Yes.

trader363

Doesn’t work for me! Amex says it doesn’t accept curve. It says something along the lines of . . . “This banking institution is not supported”

trader363

Just tried again – says it needs curve frronted on

duggie1982

I could do it with Barclaycard via curve with fronted off to pay amex last month (managed to pay 1k off) but now it needs fronted on

Rui N.

Of course it needs fronted on. That’s a given to pay credit cards…

duggie1982

Of course it needs fronted on. That’s a given to pay credit cards…

Not for me last month, only asks for it now (assuming curve updated their database with new bc avios)

Swiss Jim

The “not working on Barclaycard” anymore is hugely frustrating, as it’s one of the reasons I’m a latecomer to Metal (not the only one….). Hey, you win some, you lose some. Are there other cards (beyond Amex) that are good from a points perspective – and which can still be settled via Curve?

duggie1982

The “not working on Barclaycard” anymore is hugely frustrating, as it’s one of the reasons I’m a latecomer to Metal (not the only one….). Hey, you win some, you lose some. Are there other cards (beyond Amex) that are good from a points perspective – and which can still be settled via Curve?

Good luck in getting a reply, awfy hush hush as there was a spy in the group i have gathered

iamlost

Good luck in getting a reply, awfy hush hush as there was a spy in the group i have gathered

I just want to clarify one thing. I know I’ll have to pay the 1.5% Fronted fee (or get Metal) to be able to pay Amex, but will Barclaycard charge anything e.g. by treating it as a cash-like transaction?

duggie1982

I just want to clarify one thing. I know I’ll have to pay the 1.5% Fronted fee (or get Metal) to be able to pay Amex, but will Barclaycard charge anything e.g. by treating it as a cash-like transaction?

Last month i paid with the free Barclaycard through curve without fronted on and worked, that loophole is now closed, however i never got a charge on Barclaycard. Try it with curve fronted on for £10 to test it, hopefully you will not be charged from Barclaycard

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.