Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Curve – charge applied with Fronted on

• pbcold 348 posts

I have just spent the last £1,0000 of my £10k allowance this month and have been charge 38p. Has anyone else experienced this? thanks.

Rui N. 831 posts

I also paid around £1 in fees this month. Weird, because I keep track of everything and have fronted off when not using it, and should still be ~£20 below the £10k after the offending transaction.
    But it’s not enough money for me to complain. Next month I’ll stop at £50 below £10k.

pbcold 348 posts

Intriguing. Mine is definitely £10k exactly. The 38p is not troubling me unduly but how has this happened?

John 1,000 posts

Possibly rounding and/or currency conversion, even if all in £ maybe they convert it to something else and then back

Tracy 315 posts

I’m thinking this just happened to me. I’ve been happily paying HMRC with curve fronted, no fees. Made a payment today, charged a fee by curve?? Equivalent to approx 0.2%. Not much but still unexpected and a reasonable amount on a larger transaction…

Harrier25 852 posts

Curve clearly is a business model needing additional funding…38p here, 0.2% there, but not enough to bother complaining about. It isn’t much to an individual,
    but multiply that across every metal subscriber and it soon adds up to a worth having dishonest profit. Shady, very shady.

Tracy 315 posts

I have contacted curve to complain…will wait and see what they come back with.

Curve clearly is a business model needing additional funding…38p here, 0.2% there, but not enough to bother complaining about. Shady, very shady.

Harrier25 852 posts

I have contacted curve to complain…will wait and see what they come back with.

Good for you. This has been spoken about before recently and I’m convinced it’s Curve up to no good.

A company that were quick to point the finger to save their own skin when the Creation thing kick off and they were caught up in the middle of it!!

SteveJ 979 posts

Did you have any transactions go into pending then clear off? Curve have a habit of counting anything that is authorised against allowances, whether it clears pending or not.

Tracy 315 posts

Just did the transaction today and it is still sitting as pending in the underlying card for the amount of the transaction plus the fee. In curve, within the transaction details it has separate detail as Fee £xx HMRC payment, but only one transaction posted for amount plus the fee. I have done many HMRC transactions before and never had this. Last time was November…

Did you have any transactions go into pending then clear off? Curve have a habit of counting anything that is authorised against allowances, whether it clears pending or not.

Lilly 8 posts

New to the Curve fronted system – can you please confirm, is the 10k limit once every 31 days or can I do one payment eg today, 19 Jan, and then another on 1 Feb?
    I’m weighing up my options on how I pay my rather large bill!
    thanks

Rui N. 831 posts

It’s calendar months.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.