Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Curve for John Lewis loan

• can 506 posts

I used to make little early payments to my John Lewis car loan last year using Curve metal. I tried again now and it didn’t go through. Is that path now blocked for Curve?

SteveJ 977 posts

Do you even need Curve for this? No experience of JL Finance, but many finance companies will accept credit card payments without the need for curve.

can 506 posts

Yes, Debit cards only. No credit card.

NorthernLass 7,468 posts

Are you using fronted? If not, you probably need to.

can 506 posts

Yep, it is fronted.

NorthernLass 7,468 posts

How were you trying to pay? Systems can be a bit funny, e.g. I have issues paying Alphabet finance with Amex, their automated system will accept the gold card but not the BAPP, I have to call to pay with that. Have you contacted JL and asked which cards they accept, without naming names?!

can 506 posts

I didn’t call JL for this because all my previous interactions with them were dismal — I am not sure they’d understand honestly.
    In the meantime, I realised that the underwriter is hsbc, I have a feeling that it is related to that.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.