Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Curve Upgrade Plan – instant?

• TM 22 posts

Hi, I am currently abroad and I usually have about £3k of FX fee free credit available, which is usually sufficient.

However, some relatives have asked me to purchase some items for them ~ €5k, and the only way I think I can do this fee free would be to upgrade my curve plan to black. Does anyone know if the Free FX charges apply instantly? Or do I need to wait for a new card?

TIA

Dudulle 47 posts

You get all benefits as soon as you upgrade and can still use your card until you activate the new one.

CarpalTravel 363 posts

Just be mindful that Curve’s customer service has dropped off a cliff. I have just had to submit a formal complaint as they have failed to complete a card type swap request despite 3 requests, and simply ignored the 4th chat I had to create to try and chase them.

TM 22 posts

Thanks for the tips. This worked fine, the physical card continued to work and I wasn’t charged an FX fee. Just the Apple Pay didn’t work properly.

Dudulle 47 posts

I had the same issue as they updated Samsung pay with the new card details. Which obviously I did not activate yet. Removing the card and adding the old one again did the trick.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.