Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Cathay Pacific lounge in LHR T3 is great!

• arnold 6 posts

I know this has been on HfP previously, but I thought I’d share:

If you have a BA flight from T3 and a Silver/Gold card or flying CE, don’t be disappointed, be happy! I’m just sat in the wonderful Cathay lounge (lounge C) which inexplicably is open from 0530 every morning despite the first CX flight not leaving until 1220.

The CX lounge is relatively large with nice seating, practically empty, offers a much better “standard” breakfast buffet than BA at T5 and as a bonus an Asian noodle / dimsum bar.

It’s night and day compared to the overbusy BA T5 galleries. Do visit if you can.

Scottpat78 245 posts

I’m a sucker for the Qantas lounge at T3. Sat here now and waiting on the dining opening at 9am for breakfast.

AJA 1,071 posts

That CX lounge is one of the nicest lounges at LHR (only bettered by the CX First lounge). T3 is great for lounge access. You can do a lounge crawl and access in addition to the CX lounge the American Airlines, Qantas and BA’s own lounge (not sure why you’d bother with the latter)

Michael C 671 posts

BA’s own lounge (not sure why you’d bother with the latter)

It used to be to stock up on mags + newspapers, but that came to a shuddering halt!

astra19 53 posts

I’ve only been once but I remember the service being less than affable, to the point of feeling uncomfortable. Tasty food though.

Andrew J 769 posts

BA’s own lounge (not sure why you’d bother with the latter)

It used to be to stock up on mags + newspapers, but that came to a shuddering halt!

AA First class lounge was good for stocking up on bottles of water and pic n mix. And if you prefer Moet to Laurent Perrier.

Matt 323 posts

Don’t forget there’s now an Amex Centurion lounge in T3 to add to the lounge crawl – I’d put it somewhere between QF/CX and AA/BA

Andrew J 769 posts

Don’t forget there’s now an Amex Centurion lounge in T3 to add to the lounge crawl – I’d put it somewhere between QF/CX and AA/BA

Although you do need to be an Amex Platinum or Centurion cardmember to access that lounge, One World elites and business and first passengers would not have access unless they were.

Hbommie 192 posts

Is the opening time linked to other airlines, AY?

John 1,000 posts

Is the opening time linked to other airlines, AY?

Possibly but also perhaps to make the USD 60 from BA when people flying BA enter.

(cue the posters who will say “it’s not $60 and I definitely know how much it is but I won’t say”)

dahokolomoki 103 posts

Yup. CX lounge at T3 is pretty cool. So much so that I actively chose to fly AA (from T3) instead of BA (from T5) for my business flights across the pond when I can.

Plus I find the AA food service in Business better too. The hard product is slightly worse, as there’s no sliding door nor a screen to your neighbour if you sit in the middle sits.

stevenhp1987 331 posts

Yup. CX lounge at T3 is pretty cool. So much so that I actively chose to fly AA (from T3) instead of BA (from T5) for my business flights across the pond when I can.

Agreed, even for personal flights in economy. We’re flying to Miami next month with AA (really want to try food in CX First lounge). Flying back via BA for UK261 protection.

The free Main Cabin Extra seats in AA are marginally better than standard Economy seats too.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.