Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Declined for Avios Barclaycard?

• Unawatuna 4 posts

Declined,?
    Don’t panic.
    Myself and 5 colleagues all applied, all accepted.
    Not a mortgage between us and no debts.
    Cards arrived.
    Credit limit ………. £100.00 yes £100.00.
    90 minutes waiting for someone to pick up the phone to be told we can apply in 6 months for a higher rate.
    My advice, bin.it and stick with AMEX.

duggie1982 263 posts

Jesus, i was moaning about mine at £2600!

David D 35 posts

Laughable indeed – Barclays have shown us how not to launch a product/credit card.

duggie1982 263 posts

Yup, as i mentioned somewhere else on here, you expect this sort of failure with new start ups but not an institution like this, if it was not the best alternative to collect avios when AMEX is not accepted then i would have binned the card already

danyal 33 posts

Absolute joke. 6 weeks after applying they still haven’t given me a decision.

NorthernLass 7,579 posts

It’s sometimes better to have a mortgage as it shows that you’re considered to be credit-worthy. We usually get accepted for credit cards with huge credit limits and the only reason I can think of is that I often make payments between statements dates to keep balances down and that shows up on our credit rating as a positive.

Rui N. 831 posts

You and your colleagues weren’t paying much attention during the application it seems. The credit limit is shown when you get confirmation of acceptance, no need to wait for the cards to arrive. The acceptance email also mentions the credit limit – some people have not received such emails, but the odds of all 6 of you not receiving doesn’t seem very high.

duggie1982 263 posts

I applied on the last day of the extra points offer, got the ‘we need more time’ message and got the card today, no emails at all

Dudulle 47 posts

Absolute joke. 6 weeks after applying they still haven’t given me a decision.

At this point they probably won’t unless you call them.
    I’m still waiting for one of their cards I applied for last summer.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

I don’t want to suggest this story is nonsense, but I’ve not heard of a single person getting £100 so a large group all getting it …. sounds unlikely.

Some people get £200 which is a holding limit. It is lifted as soon as you supply the income verification documents they request and is a way of expediting the card manufacturing without waiting for you to reply.

We now have the final acceptance rates (including those who went via the eligibility checker) and it is very high. Not Amex’s 90% acceptance rate via HfP, but not hugely off. Of course, I would have expected something nearer our 92% from Virgin Money, and not lower, but the difference is nowhere near what you may imagine from reading HfP.

Tom2 113 posts

@Rob any reason for not disclosing the actual acceptance rate considering you are happy to reveal the Amex and Virgin rates?

Gary_Dexter 130 posts

@Rob any reason for not disclosing the actual acceptance rate considering you are happy to reveal the Amex and Virgin rates?

There may be an NDA in place for such things

sloth 315 posts

I don’t want to suggest this story is nonsense, but I’ve not heard of a single person getting £100 so a large group all getting it …. sounds unlikely.

Some people get £200 which is a holding limit. It is lifted as soon as you supply the income verification documents they request and is a way of expediting the card manufacturing without waiting for you to reply.

We now have the final acceptance rates (including those who went via the eligibility checker) and it is very high. Not Amex’s 90% acceptance rate via HfP, but not hugely off. Of course, I would have expected something nearer our 92% from Virgin Money, and not lower, but the difference is nowhere near what you may imagine from reading HfP.

It’s blatantly nonsense…

Tom2 113 posts

There may be an NDA in place for such things

Would seem strange that only Barclaycard have one and it still allows him to hint at the acceptance rate though.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.