Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club DEL – LHR Virgin Upper of BA club

• rakesh 20 posts

currently booked my parents and I on Virgin upper from Delhi to Heathrow in Upper.. just had an alert that BA club reward seats have become available… wondering any opinions on club vs upper on this route

AL 568 posts

Both run 787s (BA 788s, VAA 789s). The 788s don’t, and likely won’t for some time, have Club Suites, so you’ll be in older Club cabin. Upper will be the herringbone configuration. Personally, I prefer VS – the hard and soft product are better.

AFKAE 145 posts

I put something on the daily thread on Monday. If the lounge matters to you, VS use the priority pass lounge which I can only describe as an absolute sh1th0le.

Don’t know what BA do.

VS herringbone is a bit meh! Crew very good.

AFKAE 145 posts

A couple of bits of info on departing Delhi.

To get in the terminal you’ll need either a paper or electronic copy of your boarding pass.

Check in is fine.

Security after check in has some very long lines. If you head all the way to the right (as you face security after check in) there is a business class security lane which has very few people in it and will make life much easier.

AL 568 posts

VS herringbone is a bit meh! Crew very good.

Personally, given old Club or VAA herringbone – the latter any day. I’m actual partial to it over Club Suites since there’s a much better chance of good service on VAA than BA.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.