DEL – LHR Virgin Upper of BA club
15th November 2022 at 23:34rakesh
currently booked my parents and I on Virgin upper from Delhi to Heathrow in Upper.. just had an alert that BA club reward seats have become available… wondering any opinions on club vs upper on this route15th November 2022 at 23:48AL
Both run 787s (BA 788s, VAA 789s). The 788s don’t, and likely won’t for some time, have Club Suites, so you’ll be in older Club cabin. Upper will be the herringbone configuration. Personally, I prefer VS – the hard and soft product are better.16th November 2022 at 08:42AFKAE
I put something on the daily thread on Monday. If the lounge matters to you, VS use the priority pass lounge which I can only describe as an absolute sh1th0le.
Don’t know what BA do.
VS herringbone is a bit meh! Crew very good.16th November 2022 at 09:38AFKAE
A couple of bits of info on departing Delhi.
To get in the terminal you’ll need either a paper or electronic copy of your boarding pass.
Check in is fine.
Security after check in has some very long lines. If you head all the way to the right (as you face security after check in) there is a business class security lane which has very few people in it and will make life much easier.16th November 2022 at 11:01AL
VS herringbone is a bit meh! Crew very good.
Personally, given old Club or VAA herringbone – the latter any day. I’m actual partial to it over Club Suites since there’s a much better chance of good service on VAA than BA.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The perfect airport doesn’t exist, but the new Paris Charles de Gaulle ‘Extime’ upgrade is close
Bits: new Qatar insurance rules, design a BA beer can, free Fairmont night from Emirates
Bits: fly BA Club World on short haul – or fly Titan, Virgin ends Plaza Premium Clubhouse access
Bits: Virgin’s missing reward seats, Elizabeth Line gets faster to Heathrow, Inverness Airport station
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- AJA on New member saying Hello!
- JDB on Nassau, Grand Cayman and Providenciales Back to T5!
- flymeanywhere on Chat thread – Wednesday 8th February
- qc on Sri Lanka: trouble possibly brewing again
- Harrier25 on Purchasing which vouchers qualify towards Amex minimum spend ?
- nectar collector on Chat thread – Wednesday 8th February
- AJA on Chat thread – Wednesday 8th February
- Harrier25 on No AMEX Avios or MR points posted since 5th Feb
- secretsquirrel on Purchasing which vouchers qualify towards Amex minimum spend ?
- BA Flyer IHG Stayer on EI on BA code
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.