Did BA get rid of that free change rule for minor time amendments?
8th December 2023 at 15:53The real Swiss Tony 633 posts
Can I just check, BA used to have a rule where if your flight was moved by 5 mins, you got a free change. Am I right in thinking this has been amended and now required BA to have moved the flight by at least 120 mins?
Thanks8th December 2023 at 16:13JDB 4,124 posts
They currently only offer free amendments (+/- 2 days) for schedule changes of over 120 minutes which has been the case for a fairly long time and as it is by concession rather than any legal requirement, they can change it whenever they want.
The only exception to the 120 minutes policy is for same day returns, connections rendered invalid and flights that are part of a cruise booking.8th December 2023 at 18:53The real Swiss Tony 633 posts
I think the last time I used it was just before the COVID shut down so whilst it might be a stretch for you @JDB, 3 years ago is hardly a long time.
With a little bit of practice you might even get your EQ above zero…8th December 2023 at 20:50Biki 123 posts
It’s been 2 hours for as long as I can remember (a long time before covid, I’m sure). Around 2021 I think it changed to 4 hours, as I had a flight that moved over 2 hours and was booked before the change but they still wouldn’t budge.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Review: 100 Queen’s Gate, South Kensington: the last stop on my Hilton Curio hotel tour of London
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- zapato1060 on Amex Platinum (Personal) Fast Track at airports
- zapato1060 on BA Amex Premium Plus Pro rata refund question
- zapato1060 on Cancelled my Barclaycard Avios, but two years later it’s still active
- zapato1060 on Chat thread – Wednesday 21st February
- slidey on Thank you! Now please help plan my LA trip
- revkev7 on InterContinental Edinburgh – lounge and rooms
- yorkshireRich on Thank you! Now please help plan my LA trip
- derbydave on Driving in Japan
- Harrier25 on Post your American Express Platinum retention offers here!
- JDB on BA Amex Premium Plus Pro rata refund question
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.