Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Does holding an Amex vitality blocks you from earning other sign up bonuses?

• ringingup 178 posts

Asking for a friend who already has a Vitality Amex. Would he be eligible for MR and Avios sign up bonuses?

Steven 80 posts

I did ask AMEX previously and they confirmed it is treated like any other personal card. It would therefore rule out bonuses for most, but not all, cards.

Thrillington 40 posts

In my experience, no – Vitality Amex was my first Amex, about a year later I signed up for the Gold (+ via a referral link from a friend) and got the boosted signup bonus. Might have been a fluke though.

HornetBrad 40 posts

I’ve had an Amex Vitality (and still do!) since they came out and never had any issue with signup bonuses for my other cards since then (Gold, Platinum, BAPP).

My Vitality card is actually my default for the first £1k of spending each month as it effectively pays 2% cashback, with no annual fee.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.