Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Don’t use your £150 Platinum Dining credit at the Colony Grill

• StanTheMan 217 posts

The merchant number isnt coded correctly. Chat are escalating the issue !! Don’t rely on it….. unless you like long, boring drawn out chasing.

jj 520 posts

I waited about 10 weeks after a visit in November. Chat refused to do anything until 90 days elapsed as they said the T&C’s weren’t in breach until then.

I don’t know whether I would ever have received the credit in the end, as I subsequently settled the bar bill in another venue covered by the scheme while out for a drink with a few colleagues.

ringingup 179 posts

Chat are useless. Phone agents are more sympathetic.

I’m also waiting for the credit from 8 December.

StanTheMan 217 posts

Yes, very annoying. At least mine was used this year. So if it doesnt track, I still have the credit to use.

Different story for December users.

As an aside, I thoroughly enjoy the Colony Grill. Great service and food.

newel 28 posts

Same boat here…from December spend

I escalated via a phone conversation earlier this week and expecting a reply with 5 business days. The phone agent was sympathetic.

It’s a bit annoying because it’s on the OHs card and was planning to cancel that fairly early in the year after using up another dining and HN credit as don’t need a plat card each. Can’t really do that until the cash back is sorted…

StanTheMan 217 posts

Same boat here…from December spend

I escalated via a phone conversation earlier this week and expecting a reply with 5 business days. The phone agent was sympathetic.

It’s a bit annoying because it’s on the OHs card and was planning to cancel that fairly early in the year after using up another dining and HN credit as don’t need a plat card each. Can’t really do that until the cash back is sorted…

im in the same boat. Was debating cancelling the card and leaving £150 owing. Might call them and ask how that would play out.

ringingup 179 posts

Got my £150 credited, as a manual adjustment I believe.

StanTheMan 217 posts

Got my £150 credited, as a manual adjustment I believe.

good to hear. maybe they will all feed through now

newel 28 posts

Just to update. Both me and my wife finally got our credits for this restaurant today after we visited in early December with some friends.

I’d been chasing on my own card and hadn’t really gotten anywhere but wife had not chased. Seems like they must have found a way to fix this for all customers given we both got the credit at the same time so hopefully worked for others as well

StanTheMan 217 posts

Ditto. Got credits on 15th and 17th Feb on different Plats, from early Jan visit.

One chases, one didnt. Makes me wonder if this was a manual adjustment and £150 credit still there to use later in the year…..

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.