Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Dose choosing stopover still count as single PNR

• DonLee 214 posts

Sorry for anther noob question.

Asked about short transfer time at Heathrow for MAN-LHR-PVG a few days ago. Now I am thinking to book MAN-LHR leg on the last flight out a day before that I will need to book as a stopover. Will I still have all the protections as single PNR? If so can I take my luggage out at Heathrow?

marks7389 425 posts

So long as you can and do book it in a single booking the yes, it will.

You may not be able to short check your bags to get them back at Heathrow though and may be better to take a small bag as hand luggage for your overnight stop.

NorthernLass 7,571 posts

The ground staff at MAN used to be able to arrange for your luggage to be taken off at LHR but YMMV. But it’s a lot of extra work as you’ve then also got to recheck it the next morning, as well as clearing security. With BA’s generous hand baggage allowance, as @marks7389 suggests, you’re better just sticking with that overnight.

DonLee 214 posts
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.