Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Double tier points – car hire/hotel booking has to match flight dates?

• billkeys 1 post

Hi. Just had someone on the GGL line tell me that my car hire has to be for the full length of my trip – so 18 days. Apparently that is what condition (e) means in the T&Cs:

e) The hotel/car element of the package must be used i.e. hotel occupied and or car rental hired for the full booked duration.

I assumed this meant the full booked duration of the hotel or car hire element? That’s what I would have done before – and got the DTPs. Has anyone else had this issue come up? The wording of ‘booked duration’ seems unclear…

Aquarius12 41 posts

You must book at least five days of car hire or five nights in a hotel, but you do NOT necessarily need to book the car or hotel for your entire Your holiday must not be for more than 30 days.

RULE CHANGE: The car hire or hotel nights must all take place between your flight dates. If you start your trip in London, you can no longer book a hotel at the airport the night before you fly or after you arrive home and have that count. It is not clear if an airport hotel in London before/after a domestic connection counts.

RULE CHANGE: You will lose your double tier points if BA Holidays finds out that you did not collect the car (or you returned it early) or did not check into the hotel (or checked out early).

NorthernLass 7,592 posts

As above, you only need the car/hotel for 5 nights, regardless of trip length. BA Holidays agents would confirm this.

There is a long thread on this over on FT where people have confirmed that hotel stays between connecting flights count. I will be testing this out over the summer as well!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.