Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Double Tier Points Offer – Even when upgrading to Business afterwards?

• yerumaa 15 posts

I’ve booked a 10-day BA Holiday in September (flight + car) in Economy to Costa Rica. I now want to upgrade to Business. If I do so (via phone, as it seems impossible via the website) will I get the Business Tier Points (and then get them doubled through the offer)? I’m confused as I’ve read somewhere the Tier Points stay the same, even if you upgrade using cash (rather than Avios).

Richie 990 posts

The Ts & Cs say a ‘single transaction’ with flights and car and/ or accomodation. An upgrade transaction may be considerded an additional transaction.

Jacob 223 posts

The Ts & Cs say a ‘single transaction’ with flights and car and/ or accomodation. An upgrade transaction may be considerded an additional transaction.

I’m pretty sure that refers to buying the flights AND accommodation/car together. Not that you pay in a single payment. BA Holiday can be paid with a deposit only and then paid up in multiple instalments, so I don’t think these are treated as transactions, but rather as payments, same what an upgrade (or purchased seats) would be? And technically they should just double the tier points you receive for the flights, so as long as it’s a cash upgrade then I’d expect it to be fine. I’ve seen the question on flyertalk, but don’t what the answer was… You have to call to upgrade, so worth asking them to confirm. Or wait if someone on here has the experience…

Aquarius12 41 posts

I am booked on a British airways holiday in September. Originally booked WTP return and flight was showing on manage my booking as 180 tier points. Last week I called ba holidays and upgraded via reward availability on the outbound flight & the tier points have now changed to 230 tier points so I would expect you would get the extra tier points.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    yerumaa 15 posts

That’s very helpful everyone, thank you! I will call and confirm, but it looks like I should be able to get the necessary Tier Points for my status upgrade 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.