Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors DoubleTree booking through Amex about 1/3rd cheaper

• Jonno34 15 posts

Just been looking at booking a Doubletree in Zanzibar. The hotel on the HH site is considerably more expensive than it is on the Amex Plat site. I don’t think you can price match as the Amex rate is a “Member” rate. Someone on another site says if I book a flex rate, paying at the hotel I will get the benefits.

Anyone

can 506 posts

I am considering that hotel, too.
    Would like to read your review after you’re back..

aseftel 269 posts

Can’t hurt to email the hotel and ask them to match the price.

Jonno34 15 posts

I am considering that hotel, too.
    Would like to read your review after you’re back..

I will try to remember.

Jonno34 15 posts

Can’t hurt to email the hotel and ask them to match the price.

I did, miles out, the Hotel was more expensive than the HHonors site. Amex travel will take a commission too. Quite strange

spellman 32 posts

It’s likely Hilton will find a way to wriggle out of the price match e.g. differing cancellation terms, not a public rate etc.

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

I found hotels .com £40 cheaper than booking via HH for the Doubletree MAN last year – I contacted the hotel and they told me to book via hotels .com and they would still honour my gold benefits, except for earning points, which seemed fair enough!

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

Had a similar bizarre issue at a hotel recently where I wanted to extend the stay but the front desk couldn’t actually get the rate showing on the IHG website, so they told me to book it that way!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.