Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors DoubleTree Kraków

• dundj 80 posts

Possibly a touch on the niché side for everyone, however currently staying at the Doubletree Kraków again and have to say it’s a rather nice hotel.

It is outside of the city centre, though the public transport is simple and inexpensive. Also has a Hampton attached on the other wing.

It has a small, but good executive lounge with decent food, for example, tonight was duck legs and bulgur wheat with Polish beer or a decent wine.

Prosecco is usually available at the weekend in the lounge, diamond members regularly upgraded to junior suites with a kitchenette, and a small yet lovely pool makes a very good spot for a weekend break.

Across the car park used to be a good shopping centre with a cinema, though has now closed down which is a shame.

Somewhere I would personally recommend and looking forward to enjoying over the next few nights once again.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

Thanks.

Our ‘to do’ list includes Hampton Krakow as its the only 10k Hilton hotel left in Europe!

dundj 80 posts

Check in is at the same desks as the Doubletree. Not sure if Hampton guests get use of the pool and spa. I think breakfast is in the same restaurant for both Doubletree and Hampton guests though.

jj 520 posts

Off to Kraków in a few weeks but staying in the Indigo courtesy of Creation. First trip to Poland since I drove a charity relief truck over there in the economic crash that followed the fall of the Iron Curtain. I imagine that I will find considerable changes.

Any tips will be gratefully received.

Abdul 69 posts

I’ve tried 3 hotels there. Curio Krakow is great, but 2-3 times the price of the Double Tree. Pool is cold at Curio but warm at Double.
    Overall I’d pick Double Tree due to quiet location and cheap availability of taxes.
    Did not see Prosecco in lounge only breakfast buffet.

MrHandBaggageOnly 12 posts

We stayed in Hotel Saski (Curio) last week. Sadly we were only there for a night. Thought everything about it was excellent and the upgrade to a one bedroom suite didn’t hurt (Diamond). Breakfast was one of the best I’ve had and the location, around the corner from the main square, was very convenient. Had an excellent night’s sleep and thoroughly enjoyed the spa facilities as well. Highly recommended.

Tim 3 posts

I have a bunch of points but am 8 nights short of Diamond this year having stayed in Hyatts and Crowne Plazas with work. Does anyone know if this hotel would allow an online check-in…..?

dundj 80 posts

Now I’m back and had some time to think about the stay, here are my extended thoughts on the hotel and places for food in Krakow.

Rooms are slightly bigger than most executive rooms that I have stayed in previously, though not the largest. The quality of the room interior is very good, connectivity is excellent with the premium Wi-Fi though the electrical outlets could do with USB ports for charging small electronics as well.

Bathroom space is fairly large with a speaker in the room so you can hear the television whilst you shower, the walk in shower is excellent with a strong pressure, though he water temperature did not get too hot, which is my preference when having a shower. Plenty of wardrobe space with good quality hangers as well as the usual Doubletree thin waffle ironing board and iron, plus a cheap kettle with various teas, and a local version of a pod coffee machine. Bottles of water were replaced daily in the room too. The mini-fridge was empty and usable for anything you needed to.

The executive lounge on the fifth floor is relatively small and does get busy most evenings, the prosecco is no longer offered at the weekend in the lounge however. Beer is Tyskie bottles in 500ml size, the white wine is drinkable, and the red wine is good with any red meat dish though not preferred on its own. Spirits are available each day, which are whisky, gin and vodka plus I think it was rum, all were of the basic end so were not of interest for me and therefore I was not paying attention for once.

The evening food is really good compared to most European Hilton lounges that I have been to so far, and on a par with Hilton Dusseldorf and Berlin. As previously mentioned there was duck legs as well as chicken thighs in a sweet chili sauce, also on one night once one food was finished a rather tasty beef stew was brought out and did not last very long.

Breakfast, although available in the lounge is better in the breakfast room on the ground floor. A far greater selection is available, and you can have your eggs cooked how you want them by the chef. The buffet selection is fairly extensive and sparkling wine was available on the Sunday.

The pool is good to use and is fairly pleasant to swim in, according to my better half. Transport is easy with a 10 minute walk in either direction to the nearest tram stops which will take you into town in about 10 to 15 minutes.

We were there with the Krakow half marathon on, which started and finished at the Tauron Arena about 800m away and yet was still very cheap overall at under £100 per night.

For @jj the Indigo is just West of the Krakow Central station so getting the train into town will be the easiest way if one is due. Restaurant wise, Moo Moo (three separate locations) is really good for steaks, and down by the cathedral, Pod Wawelem serves cheap and tasty Polish fare, portions are larger than you would expect too and somewhere I would certainly go back to.

dundj 80 posts

Check in is at the same desks as the Doubletree. Not sure if Hampton guests get use of the pool and spa. I think breakfast is in the same restaurant for both Doubletree and Hampton guests though.

Update on this comment, in that I found the Hampton entrance for the first time which is at the side of the hotel complex looking to the right from the main Doubletree entrance. Breakfast seems to be a separate area too in the lobby and looks bright and airy.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.