Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Dubai recommendations for family with 2 teenagers

• timajackson 55 posts

Hi
    My family and I are going to Dubai (hopefully) for the first time next week, staying at Le Royal Meridien. Wiould love any tips on great restaurants in the area or must-dos. Taking our 2 teenage girls so hard to please!

Thanks

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Rhys
    HfP Staff
    190 posts

Enjoy the Royal Meridien – I don’t know if you saw my review but it was my favourite hotel in Dubai: https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/10/24/review-le-royal-meridien-beach-resort-and-spa-dubai/

The resort itself has a huge variety of restaurants and cuisines – Indian, pan-Asian, Middle Eastern, Mexican, Italian etc etc. Zengo is the only one I tried but really liked it.

In terms of things to do the water park at Atlantis is great fun and pretty close to the hotel.

Going up the Burj Khalifa is one of those things that is kind of pointless but you want to do anyway. I think we’re all so used to flying that a view from hundreds of metres up isn’t all that impressive any more! There are some good restaurants and bars with a view of the Burj Khalifa, though, including Ce La Vi which also has an infinity pool-bridge (like Marina Bay Sands in Singapore).

timajackson 55 posts

Thank you Rhys – that is much appreciated. And yes, I read your review with great interest!
    Best,
    Tim

cinereus 161 posts

I would recommend not visiting a country with such a poor human rights record.

timajackson 55 posts

Brilliant – That rules out 75% of the world but thanks

modestpointscollector 64 posts

By that logic there’s a quarter of the world left which seems like a lot still…

cinereus 161 posts

It’s also dubious to suggest that 75% of the world has as poor a human rights record as Dubai.

Super Secret Stuff 357 posts

There is also a lot of good things about Islamic / Arab countries, they generally treat disabled people as truly equals…

but yes it is not perfect, neither are we though…

blenz101 24 posts

Wavehouse next to the Atlantis water park is also great for teens, bowling, drinks for adults free video games, wave rider.

Have a nice outdoor Saturday/Sunday roast – Gordon Ramsey does a good one at Bread St Kitchen for about £25 two course. Plenty of others though.

If going to top of Burj then perhaps try for at.mosphere restaurant. Breakfast is amazing and on the local Entertainer 2-4-1 app making it very reasonable compared to just going to the crowded viewing platforms.

Pointe is good fun for coloured fountain shows.

Global village is like parts or Epcot at Disney. Great fireworks.

Shopping festival is on so malls will have bargains.

Expo will take at least 2 days of you want to even try and cover some of the better attractions.

Kite beach and JBR beaches always fun for tourists outside of the hotel itself.

Not sure if the marina zip line is back open.

You can get a groupon to charter a yacht for a couple of hours from the marina next to the hotel for not much more than £100 including crew.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.