Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Dynamic pricing yet?

• RTS 124 posts

Just wondering, has Marriott’s dynamic pricing taken affect fully yet?

NorthernLass 7,552 posts

IME, yes. The 2 Marriott properties I’ve got booked on points over Xmas are now a lot more than when I made the redemptions, in one case double the points we paid!

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,100 posts

Yeah forget their promise of 2023 with just a move within ranges till then. Future bookings at all properties have gone utterly haywire for me. I’ll likely burn off existing points in the Gulf during summer 2023 – cash rates are surprisingly high for typical Gulf summers due to £ value and the demand for long term stays by Russians. So it’s not the worst use of points.

NorthernLass 7,552 posts

The suite at the Key West Marriott Beachside which cost us 360k points for 5 nights in December is now 527,500 on those dates. Once we’ve used our stashes I think we’re done with Marriott!

Harry T 96 posts

No.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

‘October’ was meant to be the roll out date but I agree that it appears to be in place for 2023 bookings. That said, it is utterly illogical in terms of pence per point across different hotels in the same city.

Paul B 224 posts

‘October’ was meant to be the roll out date but I agree that it appears to be in place for 2023 bookings. That said, it is utterly illogical in terms of pence per point across different hotels in the same city.

Yes it’s very much in place now, but like IHG it is not clearly dyanamic as the pricing doesn’t make much sense. Hilton have the edge there, albeit that’s not necessarily a good thing.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.