Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club E-mail – “activity has taken place on your Household Account”

• The real Swiss Tony 657 posts

Just got an email with the subject line above.

Am a bit concerned. I mean there’s only 50k in there but i’m the only person who makes redemptions.

The last one was made on October 12th.

I’ve checked the account and nothing untoward but it says that you have to allow up to 72hrs for BA transactions to show and longer for partners.

A quick check shows I’ve never had this email before. Can anyone advise?

NorthernLass 7,577 posts

What does the email say, and what address is it from?

The real Swiss Tony 657 posts

Dear Swiss Tony, 

We wanted to let you know that a transaction has been made by one of the Members of your Household Account. This has resulted in a reduction to the Avios held in the account.

Please visit your Executive Club Account on ba.com, using the link below and discuss the transaction with your Household Account Members.

All links point towards the BA site and the e-mail correctly shows my current balance.

I did have a ticket reissued at the weekend as I rebooked my JNB flights into F when that came available, so not sure if that was the trigger?

===

NorthernLass 7,577 posts

I’ve never had an email like that – why would you need to discuss it with the other members when any of them would be perfectly within their rights to make a transaction on the account as per the HHA rules? And how would using a link allow you to discuss this?

But some BA wording is very odd just now as I found when looking into current cancellation rules so who knows? You might consider changing the passwords on the accounts if you’re concerned, BA has been hacked in the past.

Neil 14 posts

I’ve just received the same. I did some redemptions a few days ago so assumed that was the trigger. Looks like they took the total miles from my account then I have transfers from player 2s account so maybe that’s triggered the email as player 2 usually flies with anybody but BA so doesn’t have much activity

strickers 651 posts

+1, again made a redemption a few days ago.

OK on the phone to them now. Apparently every transaction is triggering this after a system change that was made on October 11th. They *believe* this relates to my transaction on October 12th.

The lack of common sense when deploying this is beyond belief.

NorthernLass 7,577 posts

Also the wording – so bad it makes you suspect it’s a scam 😂

Did you ask them about cancellation fees?!!

strickers 651 posts

OK on the phone to them now. Apparently every transaction is triggering this after a system change that was made on October 11th. They *believe* this relates to my transaction on October 12th.

The lack of common sense when deploying this is beyond belief.

BA? IT? Beyond belief?

Hilda M 61 posts

Same email – wish I had checked here before trying to phone – never been on hold for so long to GGL & finally gave up. I was concerned knowing other member of the HH account wouldn’t have a clue to access it!

@NorthenLass – I asked them about the booking that I was waiting on the refund for when they did the usual “anything else…” at the end of the call.

He said it was showing as in process, the full £85 had been refunded to my credit card (it was out J, back Y – I checked and the money was there) and then he manually added back the 29k Avios, too.

So no cancellation fees applied, despite travel being next year so outside the waiver period.

NorthernLass 7,577 posts

But your flight was cancelled, no? So you were legally entitled to the full refund, it doesn’t matter when you were travelling. My situation is different, it’s a voluntary cancellation.

But your flight was cancelled, no? So you were legally entitled to the full refund, it doesn’t matter when you were travelling. My situation is different, it’s a voluntary cancellation.

No, it was two separate transactions. GCM flight was cancelled, got everything back pretty much straight away, all explained when I hit cancel and no issues.

Other flight I wanted to cancel was SZG and there had been no changes to the itinerary from BA. The dates just didn’t work any more for me. Did that a week past Saturday, got the “sinister” message about fees, then nothing happened. But by the time I spoke to the agent the full cash refund had already been processed and he pushed through the avios manually.

NorthernLass 7,577 posts

Who on earth is wording this stuff?!

TedL 41 posts

I also got this email today, when I checked my account I noticed that I had 8 Avios deducted, detail was “Redemption : BA REWARD APP”. Was for a refund I received for something bought on the BA Prepaid card. Strange thing is I also got “Household Redemption : Contribution Received”, 2 Avios from the OH in the HHA.

tiriavpo 312 posts

Just had the same email for the first time.

No transactions have been made by the only other member of our HHA.

Transactions have occurred as a result of me making a booking and offsetting a few avios – which of course is now processed as a transaction from my account, followed be a partial recovery from her account (whereas in the past it just came pro-rata from both accounts).

tiriavpo 312 posts

Thinking about it, this would be an appropriate message to the other member of the HHA – rather than the one who made the transaction(?)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.