Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Early luggage drop Singapore Changi?

• blueskiesahead 64 posts

I have a late flight from SIN to Heathrow. I want to explore the airport- is it as fantastic as they say ? How much time should I allow for various gardens and walkways?

Can I use the early check in lounge to dispose of luggage? Reports vary .

I am travelling BA economy , but hold BA silver .

Many thanks

SamG 1,644 posts

At the moment no. But I think you can drop it whilst check in is open before the Sydney flight at the BA desks though – so between 5-7pm-ish

The waterfall etc that you sometimes see in pictures of Changi is actually in the Jewel mall attached to the airport, not airside. Airside itself is nice but not worth getting there for especially early in my opinion!

Your silver card also gets you into the Qantas lounge which is worth checking out

blueskiesahead 64 posts

Good advice thanks

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Why read random ‘reports’ when you can find out the latest official status on Changi website.

https://www.changiairport.com/en/airport-guide/departing/early-checkin-online.html

RK228 204 posts

Why read random ‘reports’ when you can find out the latest official status on Changi website.

https://www.changiairport.com/en/airport-guide/departing/early-checkin-online.html

This sounds like a reasonable idea and we too tried to rely on the website information, but based on our experience in July, the website may not have complete information, unfortunately. In this regard, although the early check-in was open, British passport holders were not eligible to use it. I could not find anywhere on the website where eligibility based on passport was indicated.

We were very disappointed in not being able to use the early check-in lounge, but fortunately for us, we were flying on Malaysia Airlines (Qatar-marketed itinerary though) and they let us check in our bags five hours ahead of our flight at their normal check-in desks.

Perhaps the rules regarding eligibility for early check-in lounge have changed since the summer.

I want to explore the airport- is it as fantastic as they say ? How much time should I allow for various gardens and walkways?

Definitely the best airport we’ve ever visited by quite some way.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.