Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Earn up to two Free Night Awards after two eligible paid stays

• pointsfan 38 posts

Hi,

Does anyone else have the offer below on their Marriott account?

“Stay at any of our hotels and resorts worldwide participating in Marriott Bonvoy now through 04/30/2023.
    Get one Free Night Award valued at 35,000 points after the first stay* and another Free Night Award valued at 35,000 points after the second stay”

Does anyone know if I can use it for a stay checking in on the 30 April and out on May 1st? Its right at the end of the expiry period.

Also, is it 35k regardless of the price of the paid stay? What’s 35k worth roughly?

Alternatively does anyone have an email for Marriott so I can ask them direct?

Thanks!

meta 1,441 posts

These are targeted.

Free night award can be topped up with 15k points, so you can use it at 50k points hotels.

Marriott has moved to dynamic pricing, so your free night is only valid up to 35k (+15k top up). Say the room is pricing at 60k, you won’t be able to book.

pointsfan 38 posts

Thanks meta – do you think I can use it on the night of the 30th of April?

FlyingPtarmigan 53 posts

Promotions are THE NIGHT OF the date stated. So a stay on 30 April will trigger the free night voucher. That voucher normally lasts 6 months IIRC.

pointsfan 38 posts

@FlyingPtarmigan

thank you for confirming that.

pointsfan 38 posts

does anyone know which customers get this targeted promotion?

I’m a gold elite customer through my amex platinum and I think I was offered this promo shortly after my first stay at a Marriott using that gold elite status. I would like to get the same promotion through my partners amex platinum now but am unsure how to trigger it.

Maybe its annual?

meta 1,441 posts

You can’t trigger it. I am guessing it is for those who have just opened and account and for those who have no recent stay history.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.