Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Earning Avios on Marriott bookings via BA eStore

• mkwmendip 11 posts

Anyone had any luck earning Avios on Marriott bookings made via BA eStore?

My own experience has been dreadful – despite all the BA claims about Avios being credited automatically within specified periods the reality I have experienced is very different. An example: mid Feb Edinburgh hotel stay booked via eStore back in January – visit registered in click record but transaction did not appear as pending – T&Cs say you cannot query Marriott transactions until 35 days after the stay has been completed – how ridiculous! Anyway I waited the 35 days after checking out, but still nothing showing on my eStore account. Contacted eStore and after jumping thro a few hoops, and proving some info, the stay was eventually added to my eStore account as pending (2036 Avios due) with the assurance that: “We will award your Avios between 90 and 120 days from the last day of your stay” – really, four months! So having patiently waited for the 120 days to elapse surprise, surprise – still showing as pending and Avios still not credited. So contacted eStore again and received this reply:

“Thank you for your email.

We are sorry that your purchase on 6 Jan 2022 have not yet become approved. We have checked that in this case Marriott International UK has not verified the transaction and therefore remains pending. We are following up with Marriott International UK to validate this as soon as possible.

Kind regards,”

So I am still waiting more five months after booking and more than four months after completing the stay. There has been nothing remorely automatic about the process, nothing has happened without my manual intervention, and the Avios are still AWOL – my perception is an appalling system offering daft timescales that are not honoured, no information provided to allow progress to be tracked, giving the impression that eStore are desperate to avoid crediting the Avios and hope that Customers will give up suffering battle fatigue as they wade through the BA imposed treacle.

Would love to hear if anyone has had more luck than me and, if so, what is the key to their success!

pablo 25 posts

For me 7 months between stay and avios posting.

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,095 posts

I just stick to TaCoBell as my portal of choice for my Marriott bookings. They actually track and pay.

PJJ 29 posts

And on the other hand

I used the Avios Hotels on the BA site (15 miles per £), checked out last Saturday and the points arrived in my BAEC account this morning

That can’t be beaten !

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.