Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Flight changes and cancellations help Easy Jet – UK261 compensation due to domestic flight cancellation

• BajiNahid 169 posts

Hi guys,

I am needing some assistance in understanding whether I am eligible for UK261 comp as my flight to Gatwick from Edinburgh was at 6am in which it got cancelled by the airline with no explanation. I was then allocated a flight at 3pm to Gatwick. I had checked luggage which is now also lost by easyjet.

I would appreciate any assistance,

Many Thanks

Lady London 2,040 posts

Hi Baji

just take a look at the Flight Changes and Cancellations category of threads it’s all there over and over….and over.

Easyjet is no different than any other airline. Follow the same procedure outlined in the numerous threads there. You are asking Easyjet for cancellation compensation £220 for less than 14 days notice plus reimbursement of a reasonable breakfast and lunch and/ or refreshments as their duty of care (provide receipts).

Start off by entering your claim in the flight disruptions part of their website. Keep copies and chase it

BajiNahid 169 posts

Thank you so much for your help Lady London (Hope you’re keeping well too!). I shall have a look into this, I know this is probably the 1000th repeat question for you however I am supper appreciative for the help over the past years! Thanks for the knowledge and support!

ag 26 posts

I had them cancel this same route, next flight was in 4 days time. No assitance on the ground and phone lines were shut at 8pm but I still waited 2 hours and then gave up, no message to say they close at 8pm.
    Ended up hiring a car and driving so just sent them my expenses for £1200, will see what they do with that.
    Also submitted EC261.

Lady London 2,040 posts

@ag, I love it.

Can you please keep us informed as to how your claim goes?

Somehow I think the airine might possibly, just possibly, have imagined you would kindly find yourself your own hotel at last minute for the night, and meekly take their next available flight the following day.

I take it you had a very strong reason for needing to be in London, that same night/by whenever you did arrive by car, that no flight could match? (Technically you’re not obliged to have, it’s just that it’s best to be clear if it did go to court, that in your own particular circumstances your choice was reasonable).

But I applaud you, and I can’t want to hear how your claim turns out.

@meta
    will be along in a minute with the true rules, and @jdb will tell us what a judge will think.. 🙂

ag 26 posts

Will do.
    I had another flight the next day from LGW on BA so had to be there for it.
    The EasyJet agents at checkin said “find a premier inn or somewhere cheap” as well as dishing out the customer support number which incidentally closed at 8pm however I waited on hold for 2 hours (while driving) without it giving any indication that it was closed.
    This was 8:30pm when they cancelled the flight. The final BA LHR service was still bookable but once I had the bags back and went to their desk, there were no agents so that wasn’t an option.
    Train strikes meant no sleeper service and EasyJet’s service recovery page was offering next flight today (4 days later) as the only option. BA didn’t have LHR seats in the morning and the GLA-LGW service the next day was also full.
    Eventually arrived there at 9:30 am after a 4 hour stop for sleep in a hotel I booked on the way.

Lady London 2,040 posts

Good. Claim all incl hotel en route, car hire, petrol, meals. Please let us know how you get on especially given the monster size of that car hire bill.

ag 26 posts

Easyjet have suggested compensation of £320 with no reason provided or breakdown as to how they came up with that number from my claim of £1200. I will give them one more chance before going down the MCOL route.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.