Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes easyJet – changed rules for rebooking an old cancelled flight?

• _aDifferentSimon_ 85 posts

(not frequent flyer related but this seemed the best place to put the question)
    Has anyone done this recently?
    I just had a look at changing some cancelled May ’21 flights and the system seems to have changed. A change of airport in the same country does not seem possible to do online anymore.
    Has anyone had any success in this or does anyone know if there are / were any Ts & Cs published?
    Thanks

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    _aDifferentSimon_ 85 posts

ah, looks like I now need to call customer services

shub 87 posts

Yes, it seems they have changed it. This are the new instructions:
    “Switch to another flight for free. You can search easyJet flights and make changes to your booking yourself via Manage Bookings. When making changes online, you can choose from any alternative flights on the same route. If you’d like to change the departure or arrival airport to another one within the same country, please contact our Customer Services Team, who will be happy to help.”

Looks like changing within same country is still free but have not yet tried.

https://www.easyjet.com/en/help/boarding-and-flying/delays-and-cancellations

Ladyshopper 111 posts

Yes, it seems they have changed it. This are the new instructions:
    “Switch to another flight for free. You can search easyJet flights and make changes to your booking yourself via Manage Bookings. When making changes online, you can choose from any alternative flights on the same route. If you’d like to change the departure or arrival airport to another one within the same country, please contact our Customer Services Team, who will be happy to help.”

Looks like changing within same country is still free but have not yet tried.

https://www.easyjet.com/en/help/boarding-and-flying/delays-and-cancellations

I’ve got a couple of sets of flights I need to change. One was fully cancelled, and was back in around May last year. They still show in my account as cancelled. I’ve then got flights to Barcelona in Feb which was for my husband’s birthday, but they changed the airport from Luton to Gatwick, which doesn’t suit us. Need to do something with those before Feb.

I’ve then got flight to Tenerife booked later this month which I think we’re going to change. However, these have already been changed once (they were previously cancelled flights) and so this seems to mean I can’t change them online, as it just throws up an error code. I just wanted to get some idea of what to change them to that wouldn’t cost a shed load more money, but I guess I’m going to have to call, and have a list of ideas/dates and see what happens.

shub 87 posts

I’ve got a couple of sets of flights I need to change. One was fully cancelled, and was back in around May last year. They still show in my account as cancelled. I’ve then got flights to Barcelona in Feb which was for my husband’s birthday, but they changed the airport from Luton to Gatwick, which doesn’t suit us. Need to do something with those before Feb.

I’ve then got flight to Tenerife booked later this month which I think we’re going to change. However, these have already been changed once (they were previously cancelled flights) and so this seems to mean I can’t change them online, as it just throws up an error code. I just wanted to get some idea of what to change them to that wouldn’t cost a shed load more money, but I guess I’m going to have to call, and have a list of ideas/dates and see what happens.

Yes, I also have couple of cancelled flights from earlier this year but would like to book in Dec 2022. Not sure if there will be additional charges for change in airport now.

Changes are limited to 1 year from original flight dates. I’m not sure if this was the case, but it certainly is now.

shub 87 posts

Changes are limited to 1 year from original flight dates. I’m not sure if this was the case, but it certainly is now.

Is it mentioned anywhere? Can’t see it on their website.

It’s all it allows you online if changing to the same route. And an easyjet ‘chat’ person confirmed the 1 year validity. Not actually (re)booked anything though.
    (I thought I tested moving my early May ’21 to late May ’22 successfully in the old system, but I may be misremembering)

shub 87 posts

It’s all it allows you online if changing to the same route. And an easyjet ‘chat’ person confirmed the 1 year validity. Not actually (re)booked anything though.
    (I thought I tested moving my early May ’21 to late May ’22 successfully in the old system, but I may be misremembering)

You’re right, Online it only allows now within 1 year of original flight date.

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

I changed my BER flights which I was supposed to take last weekend to next May, then when the autumn 22 schedule came out the other day, I changed again to October half term, and to PMI. My row 1 seats seem to have been preserved both times, and I was charged nothing, even though an extra fee of £2 was showing on the new dates both times. So easy and convenient compared to BA!

Lady London 2,045 posts

If the airline cancelled the flight then that’s an illegal limitation.

Right up to late last year (when I stopped trying) Easyjet was refusing to allow flights they’d cancelled in May, to be rerouted. Since then their schedules have been a nightmare. No flights available to rebook to, then very few available with unuseable times,then switching the timings completely of the few flights they’d left running.

Do you mean the years limit is an illegal limitation?
    The condition states:
    “re-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to your final destination at a later date at your convenience, subject to availability of seats.”
    Can my convenience stretch to 18 months!? And change Faro to Maderia!? I’ll call and ask.

The condition states:
    “re-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to your final destination at a later date at your convenience, subject to availability of seats.”
    Can my convenience stretch to 18 months!? And change Faro to Maderia!? I’ll call and ask.

The condition states:

yorkieflyer 259 posts

I’ve had departure airport changed and date of travel pushed past a year by calling in.

Ladyshopper 111 posts

Just changed my Tenerife flights. I could change the inbound ones online, but the outbound flights it just kept on throwing up an error code. Was very quick to call up, and all sorted. Had to book something (anything) as next Christmas isn’t out yet, and we already have a lot of holidays booked for next year, plus the routes we would have booked from Luton don’t seem to be going. Anyway, guess I can change them again if needed.

Still got my Corfu flights from this May cancelled in my account, didn’t ask anything about them and will leave them until I decide what to do with them!

Lady London 2,045 posts

JUST LOST ANOTHER DECENT DETAILED PAINSTAKINGLY TYPED REPLY DUE TO THAT F * * K * N G Captcha coming up on Submit. Satisfied 2 rounds of boats, and this * * * * I N G software lost it.

As an update to this, I finally got around to calling. Over the phone they will happily exchange the cancelled flights to any date currently available (to end of Feb ’23 at the moment). I felt a (very small) pang of guilt swapping my Bristol – Bordeaux flights for Gatwick -Grenoble in Feb half term next year…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.