Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Executive Club year end dates when gifting status

• VinZ 142 posts

So I was offered a Silver card which I want to use for my hubby whose collection year ends on 8th October. So I told the person to hold off until 8th so he gets 2 full years of Silver membership but he says that we should wait until 30th Nov when his card expires. But I don’t think that’s the way it works no?

could somebody help clarify? I’m sure I’m right but…

yonasl 952 posts

When you say you “got offered a silver card”, you mean by somebody that can gift such a perk somehow?

NorthernLass 7,462 posts

https://londonairtravel.com/2014/03/13/british-airways-free-silver-cards

I’ve only ever seen this, years ago but this was direct from BA. Otherwise the only vaguely similar thing is that I think being Hilton Diamond means you gift gold status!

John 1,000 posts

GGL can gift silver cards right?

Anyway as long as his gifted silver starts between 9 Oct 2022 and 8 Oct 2023, it will last until 30 Nov 2024.

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    189 posts

GGL can gift 1 Gold and a handful of Silvers.

Have done this several times – can’t remember conclusively, but I waited until my card expired just to be on the safe side.

VinZ 142 posts

GGL can gift silver cards right?

Anyway as long as his gifted silver starts between 9 Oct 2022 and 8 Oct 2023, it will last until 30 Nov 2024.

That’s what I thought, thanks John!

And Premier can give out two Golds and 4 or 5 silvers I think?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

Yes, be VERY clear on this.

Don’t do the gifting if the recipient is in their ‘stub’ period, ie between the 8th of year end month and the day their card expires. Only do it when they are into their new ‘card’ year and not new ‘membership’ year.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.