Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Eurostar lounge access with Business Platinum

• Mark 35 posts

Hi All

Has anyone managed to gain access with the Business Platinum?

Wiseoldman 70 posts

Hi All

Has anyone managed to gain access with the Business Platinum?

Hit and miss with 25% success rate in UK. 75% success rate in paris.

avythos 43 posts

What seems to be the determining factor?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

Factor is the stupidity of the person on the desk, as this is not allowed! Eurostar deliberately blocks it because it believes it would cost them money from business travellers trading down.

avythos 43 posts

If its not allowed and one stands ones ground, how does the escalation pan out? Although I recall someone posting its not all that in there! Is it just not worth the battle or does it not get anywhere?

sloth 315 posts

If its not allowed and one stands ones ground, how does the escalation pan out? Although I recall someone posting its not all that in there! Is it just not worth the battle or does it not get anywhere?

Why would you stand your ground if you know it’s not allowed? Or am I missing sth?

avythos 43 posts

I took it as it is not allowed for Eurostar to prevent you just because it believes they will lose money allowing pass members in..?

sloth 315 posts

I took it as it is not allowed for Eurostar to prevent you just because it believes they will lose money allowing pass members in..?

ah ok, not sure that makes an awful lot of sense…basically the amex business platinum cards are not permitted to gain entry to the lounge, the personal platinum ones are

avythos 43 posts

Aha I re read through and see where you are coming from, that there is different policy for biz over personaL. On the face of it the personal states 1400lounges and biz 1200 perhaps eurostar are in those 200..
    But they appear to be the same, ie a priority pass so access should be the same?

Biz
    4. The Primary Platinum Business Cardmember and the first Supplementary Platinum Cardmember are eligible for part of the American Express Global Lounge Collection and will be enrolled automatically. In order to access over 500+ lounges in the Priority Pass programme, the Cardmember must present a valid Priority Pass membership card in their name, along with a boarding pass for same day travel. The Primary Platinum Business and Supplementary Platinum Business Cardmembers who are enrolled to the programme can each bring 1 additional guest free of charge. Any additional guests will be charged a fee at the prevailing rate – currently £20 per person, per visit, to his or her American Express Platinum Card. Subsequent years’ renewal terms and conditions are at the discretion of Priority Pass. For Priority Pass Conditions of Use visit prioritypass.com. The Cardmember agrees to abide by the Conditions of Use, as detailed at prioritypass.com.

personal
    If you wish to opt out of the Priority Pass benefit please call your Platinum Travel service. Once we have completed your lounge access enrolment, Priority Pass, will send you and any Platinum Supplementary Cardmember Priority Pass cards that will provide complimentary access to a network of over 1,400 airport lounges globally. A Priority Pass Welcome Pack for each Cardmember will be sent out separately and should be received within 28 days of Card approval. In order to access Priority Pass lounges, the Cardmember must present a valid Priority Pass membership in his or her name, along with the boarding pass for same day travel and government-issued ID. The main Cardmember and the Platinum Supplementary Cardmember may bring up to one guest into the lounge at no cost. Any additional guests will be charged a fee at the prevailing rate to his or her American Express Platinum Card. Subsequent years’ renewal Terms and Conditions are at the discretion of Priority Pass for complete conditions of use visit prioritypass.com. Access to the Priority Pass lounges may be subject to availability or wait times, please read the Priority Pass conditions of use for more information. He or she agrees to abide by the conditions of use as contained in the lounge listing.

Andrew J 769 posts

Eurostar lounges are not part of Priority Pass – you show your personal platinum card. Business platinum cards do not gain access.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.