Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Experience with complaint cases?

• Distichon 4 posts

Wondering what in your experience the typical time is to wait for a reply after opening a complaint with BA. Over two months ago (wait, make that three by now), I went on a BA Holidays trip. Still haven’t gotten the double tier points. Tried calling, emails, etc. Eventually gave up and used the complaints form.

I so far got one mail that my case has been logged. That alone took two days. In classic BA fashion, there’s of course no way to track your issue ticket online or in any other way. You just have to wait.

Think I’ll get a reply before my membership year ends… in November?

davefl 1,218 posts

Same here. Tried all the email addresses inc duty office, made a formal complaint, all ignored. Nearly 3 months now since I got home from that trip.

Aston100 1,388 posts

I put in a complaint in early January about an onboard issue.
    10k avios received after about 4 weeks max.

George K 289 posts

I literally don’t know anyone who did a BAH booking and got the double TPs without chasing. If you can get an agent from the chat, they’ll be able to help. Alternatively, email exec-club.socialmedia@ba.com with a small note that you didn’t get your TPs. Include booking ref, BA membership number, date of birth, email address and postcode for each passenger in the reservation.

They’ll turn it around.

davefl 1,218 posts

Datapoint – reply from exec-club.socialmedia@ba.com after 6 days crediting the tier points after emailing all other addressed inc a formal complaint over 2 months brought no reply.

It’s almost exactly 4 months since I returned from the trip. So basically i’ve lost a quarter of the silver status year due to BA’s incompetant running of the promotion.

davefl 1,218 posts

Adding…. they’ve made a balls up and added the TP as of today and not 2nd Dec when I took the flight, so the extra Avios I would have earned from the back credit on the real date are missing.

Wing It One World 16 posts

I complained about a January 2022 double tier point holiday that at the time was 30 days I chased and waited 56 in the end however I had another holiday in the mean time and that was also credited within 15 days. I am currently on my next holiday that will qualify for double, I see how long that takes to process. If I honest I would have thought BA would have sorted this out by now it’s been nearly 6 months of complaints regarding this subject.

Paul 136 posts

Was caught up in the IT melt down. £700 out of pocket and beyond the confirmation of receipt nothing since. There needs to be a requirement to settle such issues within 14 days, built into complaint handling and U.K. 261 legislation.

points_worrier 294 posts

I am 5 weeks in to a complaint, submitted by “Resolver” website. It is for re-routing for a cancelled avios flight that they only want to refund. It received a acknowledgement and complaint reference number, but never heard anything more.
    I will simply book said replacement flight, and take to CEDR for the £££ amount if they don’t respond by 8 weeks.

normanna 28 posts

Was caught up in the IT melt down. £700 out of pocket and beyond the confirmation of receipt nothing since. There needs to be a requirement to settle such issues within 14 days, built into complaint handling and U.K. 261 legislation.

I spoke to BA today as I had similar issue and raised the complaint 8 days ago and they told me today that currently it’s taking them 22 days to look at them.

Suggs 8 posts

I spoke to BA today as I had similar issue and raised the complaint 8 days ago and they told me today that currently it’s taking them 22 days to look at them.

I wish…I am currently on day 28. after the IT meltdown of Feb 25th.

davefl 1,218 posts

22 days my ***. Had no reply at all to mine logged via the online form on 13th Feb. So what’s that, 45 days now.

buchanan101 99 posts

BA today settled (or agreed to settle) my £1620 claim for two tickets (and taxi) I had to buy to get home from Austria at end of Feb. Story in another thread here. Ended up emailing some guy Seanl.doyle@ba.com. Settled quite quickly overall but you have to push it.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Marc 43 posts

I wish…I am currently on day 28. after the IT meltdown of Feb 25th.

Same here. Day 28 and nothing apart from my weekly automated “we haven’t forgotten about your case” email. YouFirst and Twitter team unable to provide any rough timescale.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Lady London 2,040 posts

BA today settled (or agreed to settle) my £1620 claim for two tickets (and taxi) I had to buy to get home from Austria at end of Feb. Story in another thread here. Ended up emailing some guy Seanl.doyle@ba.com. Settled quite quickly overall but you have to push it.

Well done. If you haven’t could you post the outcome there too,please? Always excellent when posters let us know of their successes as it helps protect against the odd Dementor or two.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.